Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector GMcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know how CBCS handles replacement covers. Got a Captain America #2 with an unoriginal cover that looks itself to be decades old. The book itself is very brittle, so much so that I avoid handling it, even to inspect if it is all there. Part of the reason I want the slab is just to hold it together. I know the book will grade however CBCS marks it's incompletes (can't remember if this is NG or .1). Just wasn't sure if they include the fake cover, only slab the interior, or leave it up to the customer. If anyone has had one done let me know. Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
dont they remove the cover and send it back to you outside the slab or something?
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
If it's attached to the book, I'd imagine it would count as restoration and the replacement cover would be noted and the grade docked as necessary. They certainly wouldn't detach the cover if it was attached, even if it wasn't original since that could further damage the book.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
For grade, I believe it would get a .5 for incomplete. They do not have a NG and I believe .1 is for single pages and lone covers. I have a signed Captain America #111 that I sent in to get the signature verified (Steranko). The signature was authentic, but it was missing 2 pages. It got .5 for incomplete. Tough lesson to learn!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
They have 0.3 and 0.1 grades for coverless and/or incomplete books so not just for single pages and covers

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Always count pages before submitting folks!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kav
@Jesse_O Always count pages before submitting folks!

Yep!! Lesson learnt!!! If I find a comic I might want to slab on eBay, I send the seller a question asking if all the pages are there!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
597868 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?