Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

Favorite non Marvel non DC comic character?2745

Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntboy
While more of a Character from the Funny Pages, Prince Valiant did appear in a number of different Comics over the years.

I've been a lifelong (that's pretty long) fan and have all of Hal Fosters runs from the Fantagraphics Soft Cover series (1st 40 volumes in the slip cases and now the 1st 14 volumes of the fantagraphics hard covers.

I even bought the Manuscript Press Super Sized 3 vol set from
Bud plant back in the day.

I went further and bought a Louis Marx Prince Valiant Castle set and the hard to find Mattel Prince valiant sword, scabbard and shield set.

Lastly, I have a copy of the only piece of Comic Art that Hal Foster ever drew for the Comics, the Cover of Feature Books # 26.

So yeah, PV is My choice...

I used to enjoy and read the entire Sunday comics many moons ago, not so much these days. I enjoyed the Prince Valiant stories. In the 70s and 80s several newspapers turned their comics into a comic book format so they could provide more strips to their readers. I recently bought The Sunday Bulletin comic book series from the Norwich Connecticut Bulletin. It's ultra cool to see PV, Phantom, Spidey, and tons of other funnies from days past. I have Vol 1 #1 thru #40 (1981) and Vol 2 #1 thru #30.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Ok, I must be doing something wrong. The exact same photo I posted above is in my Samsung galaxy note 5 gallery. When I zoom in on that one the text and artwork are sharp and clear. Yet when I click the image above and zoom it the comics seem blurry?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector burntboy private msg quote post Address this user
Blurry or not, those are way cool...
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntboy
Blurry or not, those are way cool...

They are a blast, turns out I had two extra issues I didn't know about: vol 2 #31 & #32. Got a great deal on the whole set came out to around $1 a book. I've decided to bag and board all 72 copies but will take my time flipping thru them.

Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Dreadstar/Sun Runners/Elric and Warp
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
The more I read about The Heap, the more he grows on me. Starting to really enjoy the original swamp creature.

Post 56 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
The Original HEAP.

mm
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann Found these on a public domain site. First Heap appearance/story.

Post 58 IP   flag post
Well since we made it to page 3, might as well update the tally. Spawn has roared into the lead:

Spawn 5 votes
Red Sonja 4 votes

Phantom 3 votes
Heap 3 votes

Roxy Spaulding, Faith, Spirit, Zombie Tramp, Rocketeer, Cassie Hack, American Flag, Jon Sable, The Maxx, Magnus Robot Fighter, Faust, Dreadstar 2 votes each.

Savage Dragon, Grifter Cole Cash, Jughead, Atom Eve, Kevin Keller, Vampirella, Chief Cutter, Lady Death, Negan, Plastic Man, Doll Man, Phantom Lady, Blackhawks, The Goon, Hillbilly, Black Hammer, Jungle Girl, Rogue 3000, Chew, Bloodshot, Uncle Scrooge, Donald Duck, Toughest Milk Man, Conan, Nexus, Dawn, Beth (walking dead), Usagi Yojimbo, Prince Valiant, Stuntman, Sun Runners, Elric, Warp 1 vote each.
Post 59 IP   flag post
597931 59 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?