Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

cgc to cbcs holdering?272

Collector redi311 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

My first forum thread is a question. If I have comics that were graded by cgc and wanted them changed over to cbcs, what is the process and cost for this? I thought I saw mention of it, but it wasn't clear to me.

Thanks for any details you can provide.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
You would basically just submit the book itself for CBCS grading. The CGC label will get you a 50ยข discount. As far as I know, you can't just submit a CGC book and get it transferred to a CBCS slab.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
yep there s no way they would just place the book in a CBCS holder with same grade. The book would be treated as if it was raw. Check for restoration and pages counted. Then graded as normal.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector redi311 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the responses. I figured it would need regraded, but wasn't sure if I would just send the slab or if I should open it. I also was curious if u did want to do this what about ss? Would it become a red label?

I don't know if it is worth it to have them regraded etc, I was just curious as to how it would work.

Thanks!
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Send it in with the book still in the cgc holder ESPECIALLY if it is a yellow label Signature Series book.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Yup! CBCS will honor CGC Yellow labels as long as they're handled as they're handled how any SS book is. Keep it sealed or if it needs to be opened (if you're adding signatures) it must be done in the presence of an authorized witness and the label included with the book when submitted
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Oldbsturgeon private msg quote post Address this user
It's great they honor the sigs especially since it's not reciprocal
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
If they don't get the CGC label even after pressing or additional signatures you don't get the $0.50 credit. Some pressers are allowed to handle books that are CGC and they honor the yellow label and they will remain so. If you need a presser that is allowed I suggest you contact Josh Avery.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600627 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?