Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedQuestions

Sending in my first book tips2719

Collector imagejock private msg quote post Address this user
I will be sending in my first books for grading. I chose CBCS over other companies because they seem to be the place to go if you want high value and fast turnaround.

My question is this...What do I need to make sure I do before sending in my books? How should they be packaged? Anyone have a sure fire method for shipping?

I will be sending in the best looking New Mutants 98 I have ever seen. I would be shocked if it was not a 9.8. I will be sending in some other books as well.

Thanks for your time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Savage_Spawn private msg quote post Address this user
I've only have had one comic book graded so far. The comic was bagged and boarded (2 mil). I put it between two smooth but solid pieces of cardboard which I taped together at the 4 main middle spots. I then slid that package into a single comic book mailer and wrapped it twice with the thin bubble wrap. I then slid the whole thing into a USPS priority bubble mailer. Worked out fine, CBCS did a great job and I was happy to get a 9.4 out of it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
There are YouTube videos and may even be links on this site or others. The above is a good start.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector imagejock private msg quote post Address this user
@Savage_Spawn Thanks for the tips!
@Drogio Appreciate the help!
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Take pictures of your books front and back at least. That way if they get damaged, you have some proof of what they were like before in case you have to make claim. Follow the packaging instructions as described in some of these instructional videos or blogs. I've seen and heard of too many horror stories of what has happened to books while they were on "grading vacation".
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I think there's already two or three threads that have covered how to package comics for shipping.
Post 6 IP   flag post
597922 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?