Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

What Grade Would You Assign?2699

Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a comic off EBAY for a good price and I'm pretty happy with it except for one thing...there's a crease in the back cover (approximately 1 inch extending from the end of the "M" to the open edge). The crease doesn't appear to break color, however it is "raised"...almost like its folded over every so slightly.

Otherwise the comic is steller...no other defects except the pages are leaning towards off-white. Assuming otherwise a 9.6 and the crease cannot be improved by pressing, what kind of a grade do people thick a comic get with this type of defect?

Sorry I couldn't get a better photo..it's a tough defect to capture digitally. The white is actually reflection from the flash off the black ink (not a break in color from what I can tell).

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like it broke the black ink, or is that just a light reflection?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Big crease, looks to break color 9.0 if everything else is good
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I think CGC would give this 9.0-9.2, CBCS would give it 8.5-9.0
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Looks like it broke the black ink, or is that just a light reflection?

I need to invest in a jeweler's loupe...I believe it's just reflection, but I'm not sure it can be pressed an leave no trace.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
If there's no break in the ink it should press out. Have you seen the examples of books Steve has rescued?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, kinda hard to tell without it in front of me. I even have a loop. Anyhoo, if it doesnt break color, it should press and all the little elves will do a happy dance.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600777 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?