Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Question About Timing on Website269

Collector swarscollector private msg quote post Address this user
Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered before.

Once comics are delivered, what is the average time before the website will update and say that they are received and in the safe? I submitted some this week and USPS shows they were delivered this morning. I'm just curious.

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Muaythaiguy private msg quote post Address this user
You have to wait some days because CBCS receives so many packages.
I have to wait usually 2-3days until i got an Email that my comics Are in the grading system
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muaythaiguy
I have to wait usually 2-3days until i got an Email that my comics Are in the grading system

Makes sense. I've heard stories about the USPS and I'm just anxious to make sure my "babies" made it safe.
Post 3 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarscollector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muaythaiguy

Makes sense. I've heard stories about the USPS and I'm just anxious to make sure my "babies" made it safe.

If you are worried use FedEx. Private business will take care of your stuff better than government mail.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector RichL422 private msg quote post Address this user
Cbcs received my comics April 26th, I've gotten no updates so far. I know it's only been 8 business days so far and I understand there system is going through a revamp but still.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Muuko private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL422
Cbcs received my comics April 26th, I've gotten no updates so far. I know it's only been 8 business days so far and I understand there system is going through a revamp but still.

I gave them mine April 7th at ECCC. Nothing still.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Well, today my order status has changed from "Submitted" to "Billing", so hopefully that is a good sign. **Fingers Crossed**
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Rich - My comics were also received on 4/26. No e-mails (that system is supposed to be back up and running sometime this week), but from Dashboard by clicking on your order I can see that it has been received by CBCS. Now the wait until restoration checks and then grading.
Ed
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
My submission shows as received April 5th and nothing else since. I emailed customer service today and got a very quick reply stating they are in the safe waiting to go to the grading room. Anyone know if this is typical in terms of how long it takes to go into the grading room?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Rollerpig private msg quote post Address this user
I am still trying to figure out the timing as well.

I submitted my comics at C2E2 on March 19th and was told they will be backdated to the Tuesday after the convention which would be the 22nd of March. My turn around times were supposed to be 30 business days for both books. What I didn't know is that not every week has 5 business days and that VSP takes an additional 5 business days as well.

I called customer service and they told me my comics would be done tomorrow 5/11/2016, but the website hasn't even said my books have been graded.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector John1122 private msg quote post Address this user
Submitted mine April 1st at South Carolina. They showed up on my dashboard on April 14th. I was told they'd be backdated to April 1st when they received them from me, but near as I can tell that hasn't happened. They also showed up as if I hadn't paid for them, but a quick email had the issue solved within an hour.

They aren't something I'm looking to flip, so I'm not as concerned with how long it takes, but I do think if they are promising 30 business days they should deliver on that.

I will say this, any email I've sent has been promptly answered and fixed the issues I had. I've not written them back for a status check once my billing issue was resolved. Only because as I said, I'm not rushing to try and flip the comics I submitted.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector jedijohnson private msg quote post Address this user
My first CBCS submission was about this time last year. It took a while to get back, but I received email notifications the whole way through the process.
My next submission was earlier this year. I received no email notifications at all, and in fact the website showed my submission as "processing" the whole way through (not "in safe", "grading" "shipped" etc..). It was still showing as "processing" even after the graded comics arrived back at my home. haha
I called CBCS and they quickly fixed this. The good news here is that the turn-around was a lot faster than with my first submission.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Arikhan private msg quote post Address this user
I shipped three books to CBCS on May 6th. My dashboard status just changed from submitted to processing. I haven't received an email update though.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
We are presently experiencing some difficulty with our email notifications as books go through the grading process. It's being worked on and the regular step by step notifications should be going out again soon.
Post 14 IP   flag post
600438 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?