CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop Culture

Comicbookgirl19 on the Marvel Sales Slump2665

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Very good video.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
She is so right about Marvel looking for the quick buck in comparison to the Xmen and when Chris Claremont built up an awesome long epic run with a climax of the Dark Phoenix story. I can relate to how she says these characters have become part of her life. I know that I do not feel that way about the new X men stories. This gal is smart. Nice post @DarthLego.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I 100% agree with her on the "event fatigue".
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Love comicbookgirl19!

I agree with her reviews about 95% of the time. Even when I don't, her points are valid.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ooo...Oooo...ya know what will solve the sales slump? Not crossovers, not new #1's - we need variants and multiple covers...maybe they could make them foil or lenticular! Have almost completely stopped buying DC ad Marvel - right now the book I love seeing in my bag when I go to my shop is Paper Girls. I may be a 40yr old male but I delivered papers and I love this book
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector aerischan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Ooo...Oooo...ya know what will solve the sales slump? Not crossovers, not new #1's - we need variants and multiple covers...maybe they could make them foil or lenticular!

Jim Lee Remastered 1:100,000 Glow in the Dark, Lenticular, Foil variant
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerischan
Quote:
Ooo...Oooo...ya know what will solve the sales slump? Not crossovers, not new #1's - we need variants and multiple covers...maybe they could make them foil or lenticular!

Shh, don't give them any ideas.
Post 7 IP   flag post
oooHHHH...Glow in the Dark!!! They should do a scratch and sniff..so tempting to scratch it but then you would destroy the "value"
Post 8 IP   flag post
Scratch and Sniff has been done before, so has glow in the dark.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I knew about glow in the dark -but scratch and sniff?? really??
Post 10 IP   flag post
DC did a Scratch n Sniff issue with Harley Quinn Annual #1 during the New 52 years.
Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerischan
Quote:

Shh, don't give them any ideas.

You mean they weren't thinking it already? :p

Of course, for the remastered Jim Lee art, they'll be reusing the art for the X-Men #1 connecting variants so that's four 1:100,000 and each variant requires its own 100,000 copies of regular cover to qualify.

There will also be a 1:1,000,000 Embossed, Scratch and Sniff, Glow In the Dark, Lenticular, Foil Gatefold variant.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
There wouldn't be variants if people and stores weren't buying in. It's clear that especially the big two listen more to numbers than anything else and numbers tell them that their method works.we the comic buying public, which is mostly addicted to the big two, are more to blame in this positive feedback business mode they are in than anyone else. Sadly DC and Marvel are and many retailers are too far gone to understand they have lost touch.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Ah!! That's why I hadn't heard of scratch and sniff - I stopped buying DC right before the New 52 reboot
Post 15 IP   flag post
Marvel has been using some pretty crappy artwork for their 1:1000 books too. These books should look epic, not uglier than the regular covers.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Crunkpostit private msg quote post Address this user
If the big two are slumping its no suprise to me. The reboots and same titles just kind of a buzz kill.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I haven't heard anything about DC slumping, don't know if they are.
Post 18 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Marvel has been using some pretty crappy artwork for their 1:1000 books too. These books should look epic, not uglier than the regular covers.

these "Variants" were taken directly from the pages of their respected books. so Marvel pulled a Ginger Zap or whatever the hell her name is. they stole their own art, doodled here and there, slapped it on a cover, and blam "variant".
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector D84 private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say she hit the nail on the head. Both DC and Marvel are doing this and it's reaching a breaking point.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
She calls herself Marvel girl but says that she hasnt picked up a Marvel book in a year? I guess she calls herself MARVEL for other reasons then comic books.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Also in the day in digital.. Newspapers have been having the same issue for years and years now..
Post 22 IP   flag post
She's a huge long time X-Men fan, that's why she said she's a Marvel girl. She's produced a three part documentary on the history of the X-Men. She's a pretty hard core fan.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbladder
There wouldn't be variants if people and stores weren't buying in. It's clear that especially the big two listen more to numbers than anything else and numbers tell them that their method works.we the comic buying public, which is mostly addicted to the big two, are more to blame in this positive feedback business mode they are in than anyone else. Sadly DC and Marvel are and many retailers are too far gone to understand they have lost touch.

Variants worked great as a sales boost so of course DC and Marvel started over producing them. I do believe Marvel releases more variants in a month than they have actual comics. Even then, #1s and variants as a sales tactic doesn't seem to be working as well as it used to.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
The real question is, would you tap it? Si, for me.
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
I don't think that's the real question at all
Post 26 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Her nerd knowledge is kinda hot.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
She's awesome, but to me, Robot makes the show.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:

Her nerd knowledge is kinda hot.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
She's awesome, but to me, Robot makes the show.

Post 30 IP   flag post
597871 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?