CBCS Turnaround Update 4/24/20172659

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like my big Wondercon order is on track for a June delivery
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
So...if my invoice date is March 31st I can expect my books around??
Post 3 IP   flag post
@KatKomics It's not the invoice date, it's the date the books were received by CBCS. That date isn't written anywhere but you likely got an email on that date telling you the books were received.

Assuming it's all moderns, count up seven weeks since that date to give you a rough idea.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Consumer/Expanded: CBCS received my books March 21. So, I can expect my nooks when?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
You waited this long whats another couple weeks? 😁
Post 6 IP   flag post
@GAC Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
count up seven weeks since that date to give you a rough idea.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Trogan13 private msg quote post Address this user
So I turned in my books at a con on the 28th of February and my invoice date is March 8th. So they should be shipping soon correct? I've tried contacting customer service but they just blew me off and stopped respondi g.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Trogan13 Open up the invoice on your dashboard

Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@GAC Quote:
count up seven weeks since that date to give you a rough idea.

Thank you!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
I just spent $3,900 with CBCS at the Silicon Valley Comic Con to have 124 Marvel (bronze age) comic books to be graded. Do I think I'll get them back in 8 weeks? , No, I don't think so. They get so many submissions that I'm realistically looking at late July.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
I just spent $3,900 with CBCS at the Silicon Valley Comic Con to have 124 Marvel (bronze age) comic books to be graded. Do I think I'll get them back in 8 weeks? , No, I don't think so. They get so many submissions that I'm realistically looking at late July.

Wow, I thought I was being crazy with my spending. I only spent $1,100. Thanks for making me feel better.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
Is this time for when they start grading my books or for when they should be shipped back to me?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Trogan13 private msg quote post Address this user
So my books been in q.c. since March 8th. What does that mean?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector swarscollector private msg quote post Address this user
So I have a question. I submitted my books at a con on March 18th. The system is saying that my books were received on April 10th, almost a month later. From which date should I begin counting? I have always thought that they get the books the Tuesday after the con and that is the date I should use. Thanks!
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@swarscollector that's the date they entered the database, which always takes long after a con, but the real cue date for your books began the Tuesday after the con.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Kabuki private msg quote post Address this user
Still waiting for my 2 books...submitted at the Long Beach Expo on February 18, 2017.

66 days and counting!

If you count from Tuesday after the Con....63 days!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I can't wait to get my X-Men back from Wondercon!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki
Still waiting for my 2 books...submitted at the Long Beach Expo on February 18, 2017.

66 days and counting!

Your books are in for pressing.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know....I'm used to handing books over to the CGC guys at the local Toronto Convention and waiting 6 months to get them back - best just to submit and forget about it. My only regret with my first CBCS submission that is in now, is that I should have had all 5 books pressed instead of only 3!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I don't know....I'm used to handing books over to the CGC guys at the local Toronto Convention and waiting 6 months to get them back - best just to submit and forget about it.

Agreed!! You can't agonize over how long it takes. All thing considered 7 weeks or so is not long as all. I find CBCS to be quite quick at getting my books back.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I don't know....I'm used to handing books over to the CGC guys at the local Toronto Convention and waiting 6 months to get them back - best just to submit and forget about it. My only regret with my first CBCS submission that is in now, is that I should have had all 5 books pressed instead of only 3!

Yes...I found its actually cheaper to just add pressing to a few books rather than split up the order and pay return shipping twice. That regret was felt again when I got back the unpressed books and got a lower grade than expected. I need to go back and see if I got the 20% discount too...submitted 5 together back in January when the deal was being offered...the pressed half of the order is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlikefire
Quote:

Wow, I thought I was being crazy with my spending. I only spent $1,100. Thanks for making me feel better.

Bloodlikefire, Not a problem. Glad I'm not the only crazy person out there. Oh, my books are silver and bronze age. (Avngers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, IRON MAN 1, 2, 3, CONAN the Barbarian and a few others. Anything after 1982..... naaaaa. No thank you.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Bloodlikefire private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bloodlikefire, Not a problem. Glad I'm not the only crazy person out there. Oh, my books are silver and bronze age. (Avngers 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, IRON MAN 1, 2, 3, CONAN the Barbarian and a few others. Anything after 1982..... naaaaa. No thank you.

Well I was still in diapers in 1982, my tastes are a little more modern, except for some key Mary Jane Watson issues of ASM most of my collection comes from early 2000's to current.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Kabuki private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

66 days and counting!

It was in for pressing a month ago
Post 25 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think folks realize how long the wait is for pressing.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Understatement! How many pressers does CBCS have?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:

66 days and counting!

It was in for pressing a month ago

It's still in for pressing.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

Understatement! How many pressers does CBCS have?

Currently, one.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well I was still in diapers in 1982, my tastes are a little more modern, except for some key Mary Jane Watson issues of ASM most of my collection comes from early 2000's to current.

As a comic book lover like yourself it's never to late to enjoy the finer things in life. The artists of yesterday Jim Stranko, Neal Adams, Jim Starlin, Mike Ploog, Jack Kirby, Artie Simek, John Romita Sr and Jr. Now these are artists!! Just to name a few. Not the ones of today. Since when does the HULK look like a green guerrilla with perfect teeth!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
598010 51 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?