Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaPop CultureQuestionsToysToys Statues

Question About Statues2636

Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
For those of you who have or collect statues, do you display them? If so, do you display them outside of the box?

I have three Bowen Designs statues -- all, different versions of Capt. Marvel -- and I'm debating on displaying them outside of their boxes. In fact, I'm thinking about discarding the boxes, which I feel are needlessly taking up space.

I don't think my statues are valuable (I still like them, of course), and bought all three together for about $75 years ago.

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
JEALOUS! JEALOUS JEALOUS!
oh maybe not.
I'm looking for Carol Danvers Statues.. Ms Marvel or Captain Marvel.. but yeah.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
keep the boxes
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely keep the boxes. I had a bunch of Star Wars statues and higher end figures and threw the boxes away and now I regret doing so!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Way2GoDanno private msg quote post Address this user
I have been collecting statues for years. I display mine, some in glass cases and some on shelves everything with museum style lighting in my man cave. It makes the room feel meant for me and I feel like I'm in a museum when I read my books or watch movies or game on my pc. Keep the boxes! The value drops tremendously without the boxes! Also keep them displayed away from windows or UV light. I also dust mine about once a month using a makeup powder brush that is very soft. Don't use a duster that can snag a finger or something and break it off.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Display them. That's what they're for. 😊

But definitely keep the boxes. They're made to fit the statues. If you ever move or sell one, you'll wish you still had the box.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks guys. Good advice, as usual. I'll keep the boxes!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Boxes usually increase value 25-50%.
Post 8 IP   flag post
597867 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?