Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New and old to your Collection -NEWSSTAND-2607

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Post them if you're buying them! Post some you've already bought if you like as well. For those of you that don't care about NSs, you can just sell them to me

Here's a few to get started:

Just received two more XMen#5 newsstand in the mail today. Got lucky, I think both are good candidates for the 9.8 grade screen. This hunt is done and the pile is now ready to send. Fingers crossed.

Got the Supes just because the seller had free add-on shipping and it was dirt cheap. Even if pressed I think it's only good enough for a 9.4 at best, so I wont be having it graded. I shall hoard it instead, and continue the hunt.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke not only is that a ns, but the lighter color is much more appealing than the bright purple background as well. A lot of my newsstands look more "faded" (guessing less ink was used for ns? idk) than the directs. In the BA12 example, the color difference looks great!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm that looks familiar...

Post 4 IP   flag post
@Darkga SWEET!! Not an easy book to find in that grade 👌🏻
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
i have some canadian newstand archie TMNT adventures but I have to fetch them from the vault before I can take any pics
Post 6 IP   flag post

unrelated to previous post, here's a newstand regular edition

cover detached tho
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke don't tease us. My heart can't take another Al Capone's Vault.
Post 8 IP   flag post
more like Godfather imo

i need another roller cart

Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer

I am used to seeing $1.00 price on that cover with bar code. That's very interesting that it says $0.75 cents.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently I have a few

Post 11 IP   flag post
another to look out for is Action Comics 595 it's the first silver banshee
Post 12 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke you must live close to Canada, I believe the dollar book is Canadian
Post 13 IP   flag post
indeed Seattle brah
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user

I think these are the only graded ones I have
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@Captain_Aspirin, is the ASM Annual signed on Stan Lee's wedding anniversary? How did that get set up???
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
@Captain_Aspirin, is the ASM Annual signed on Stan Lee's wedding anniversary? How did that get set up???

Nice catch, I didnt notice that. Now I'm not a big fan of SL signatures, but @Captain_Aspirin that is super cool!!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
The Canadian Dollar 💵, the Peso of the North.
Post 18 IP   flag post
i have tmnt adventures 72 also i'm waiting to get it graded until i find me a high grade 71 that's not cover detached
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs

Yes, their 68th anniversary. I don't know how the signing came about though, I bought it already signed and graded.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer -
I should be getting back my latest CBCS order tomorrow. Of the 15 books that were graded, 9 are Newstand Editions. I'll try to post some tomorrow. You might be interested in one or two of them.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@kaptainmyke you must live close to Canada, I believe the dollar book is Canadian
We get our share of the Canadian priced books here in Michigan too. When I was a kid we would travel to Canada a lot being I had family there. I still have a few of them in my long boxes.
Post 22 IP   flag post

got this today for 35 cents
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Whoa is that a bearded superman? How the heck does he shave?! A razor would just break.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Perhaps the razor is made of adamandium brah
Post 25 IP   flag post
Superman shaves using his own finger nails.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I like that answer better lol
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Rofl 😂

If i glue all of superman's shavings onto my body will I be invincible?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
Rofl 😂

If i glue all of superman's shavings onto my body will I be invincible?

Invincible, and undatable.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Actually this is how Superman shaves for real.

Post 30 IP   flag post
601201 348 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?