Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedMovies TelevisionPop Culture

The List of Lego2576

Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
One member offered a solution to the non-tamper proof slab/label situation by adding a heat sealed logo. But the fact is, the case can still be opened and reclosed without evidence.

Imagine if CBCS comes out and admits that their product is faulty, but they now have a fix. Many people are going to want a free reslab for all their books. That would cripple CBCS financially. They are taking their time because they need to be careful how they deal with this.
Post 776 IP   flag post
He sounds like a vegan who wants real mayonnaise to be vegan friendly. Instant_Subtitles private msg quote post Address this user
Guys?

You have to juggle the contractual agreement you made by being in the forum, the moderator-related guidelines that the higher-up(s) require you to follow, make sure that every member in every post sounds like they are enjoying their time in the forum, and do this in a way that it does not become overwhelming... stressful... or create some type of anxiety for yourself, the members, and/or the higher-up(s).

Now lets take that into consideration while remembering how things currently are. Atop of the "I am too stubborn to ask you what you mean" types that occasionally do this for the sake of sounding right, we now have those constantly pressuring CBCS for answers. At no point has anybody here tried to help by suggesting that we find a way to combat the non-CBCS issues while waiting for them to have them talk to us. Nor has anybody really talked about ideas on how they can improve these slabs.

I pretty much wonder if it is really that much harder to form a committee that includes members who are willing to contact Amazon.com, eBay, or any others that can help remove those who have a history of making it harder for CBCS to offer a legit service instead of what was shoved into their faces. It is not. It truly is not. All you have to do is contact both the company that offers to sell the product, as well as the company that the forger used to make said sale.

Because at the very least, those supporting the industry would are just doing that. They are helping by combating the part that undermines the grading company's integrity. And those who cannot do that want to help, they can try to have people avoid stressing out by discussing why they chose to slab their comics, how they display their slabbed comics, and even maybe if they have ideas on how to improve these slabs while maintaining the same practice other grading companies must uphold.

In the end, with me fighting off a "fight or flight" moment, lets just have faith in CBCS. They have the power to reverse all bans, they will always try to improve their products, and they gave us this forum to have fun meeting other fans, discuss comics, and more. And they also have been a bit more passive when it comes to those who want to be right instead of accepting an Obi-Wan response.

Which has me apologize for writing this long-winded plea for peace and understanding. I will not continue after this. But I will say that I was vilified by those who hated how I did my job, and wrote a hate topic about me in a different forum. Something I would not have known about if another member did not make a slander-based statement in the one I did moderate. So there is that. And there is also the fact that despite the flaws they do face, they offer things that make me prefer them over CGC.

So with that said...

If doing a protest in a forum that is also a free service is more important than having fun, discussing ideas that they might consider looking into, and helping both them and buyers from issues that will exist until a more permanent solution is found... Your undermining of their way of doing business can, and most likely will, become the toxicity that ruins them. And if that does not matter just because kaptainmyke and DarthLego pushed them to the point they were banned... Then I am also wasting my time hoping to meet people who can convince me that I can do something awesome with a slabbed collection.

That is all I will say. No replies, no regards for the protest banners, just hope that all of you will calm down, think logically, and act more like the community they was hoping for. And please do so while being happy that they have people that care, instead of the ones I had to deal with prior to becoming a moderator.
Post 777 IP   flag post
Collector Redshade private msg quote post Address this user
Do you know when I first heard about graded, slabbed comics a few years ago I never thought that I would one day send off my own comics to be thus processed.

I researched the alternatives and decided upon CBCS for the simple reason that they had a street address and not, as across the street, a box number. I've always been wary of box number operations.

Perhaps we should all just hang fire for a while until everything blows over.
Post 778 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
I would just like to know why the mods remain silent through this.

A long winded post full of completely wrong information gets a like from @Jesse_O but where is his response?

Is it veiled in the post of another?
Post 779 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

/quote]

Perhaps they are hunkered down in a bunker somewhere, I know that I would be. We see the reports of the hurricanes over here mainly because there are British dependencies in the Caribbean and it looks horrific.
Post 780 IP   flag post

Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

Perhaps they are hunkered down in a bunker somewhere, I know that I would be. We see the reports of the hurricanes over here mainly because there are British dependencies in the Caribbean and it looks horrific.

This is the part you left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
A long winded post full of completely wrong information gets a like from @Jesse_O
Post 781 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
I can understand the current silence by any cbcs staff; Irma rules all thoughts at the moment, as well she should.

Not sure abt the rest of mods tho
Post 782 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

This is the part you left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef
A long winded post full of completely wrong information gets a like from @Jesse_O

I am truly sorry but I do not understand what the point being made here is.
Post 783 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
I can understand the current silence by any cbcs staff; Irma rules all thoughts at the moment, as well she should.

What do you want them to say? They're not even CBCS employees.
Post 784 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer

What do you want them to say? They're not even CBCS employees.

Answering that question honestly would probs get me banned lol
Post 785 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I doubt it. There is a difference between asking questions and harassment. When someone is aware of your question and you keep on asking, multiple times daily, it crosses a line. And isn't no reply a kind of reply itself?
Post 786 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef

A long winded post full of completely wrong information gets a like from @Jesse_O but where is his response?

Is it veiled in the post of another?

I've remained silent because every single word or action I make is under intense scrutiny right now by those that love to create drama. Do you realize that I am NOT a CBCS employee? I do this because I want to. I do this because I've had a long relationship with the CBCS crew and find them a great bunch of people to be associated with. I do this because I consider many of them friends of mine. Right now, many of them are awaiting hurricane Irma to see if their houses survive. Honestly, I think a lot of you need to examine your motives and methods. Questioning CBCS is allowed. Nagging is even tolerated. But there comes a point where nagging becomes almost harassment. If you are pushing that line, you are pushing too hard and too much. As of right now, only Darth has been banned in the last month or so. There is another person who created a shill account that we are looking at. Any legitimate "issues" have been answered and addressed by Steve Ricketts. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean it hasn't been answered. My suggestion is for everyone to watch football tomorrow and read comics until CBCS opens up again. And even then, give it a day or two as I'm sure they will have clean up issues after the hurricane. Plus, who knows if all the employees will be ABLE to return right away. I could say more, but I'm sure I've given enough ammo to the drama makers. And by the way, this drama that you all are creating is scaring away more people than banning Darth has done. And, on a side note, this whole thread is proof of our tolerance as mods here. If we wanted to go by the letter of the law, we could lock or nuke this thread for openly questioning the actions of moderation. But we decided to let it go because we realize that some of you are upset by the half of the story you are hearing. To the people that are being level headed about all this, thanks for your understanding.
Post 787 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Very interesting Jesse. Tell us more.
Post 788 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Wish Darth were here☹️
Post 789 IP   flag post
598060 789 14
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.