Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Collectors SetsCBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPSignatures

LET'S SEE EVERYONES VSP's2545

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
I once went to a Dallas Con in the 90s when Stan was there along with Rob L. was there and his total crew. That was when Rob just starting his company any way me and my wife was at con and we brought probably 30 books mabey more and Robs crew was at one long table lined up and they asked if i would like to sign my comics so i asked what is the limit and be hold they said throw all of them on the table so i said yes. They were like kids at a candy factory fighting over whose is whoms it was so funny but the best day ever. At the end i got 4 comics signed from Stan and didn't cost me $100s of dollars but that was a way back not like today and no grading company.

Yep...same here...Image changed the way fans and artists interact....

The same thing happened to me with Neil Gaiman in 1995.

Line was not that long...I had a Ltd print OF "Don't Tell Jack", a hardcover of Angels and Visitations, two or three comic books, and the original issue of the Vertigo Tarot deck McKean drew, but he wrote the forward for the book.

He signed them all and when asked, he drew me that sketch of Mr Punch I've posted recently in the #CBCSBOX forum....with no problems ay all. Very fun day at the SDCC 1995....when it was still cslled that name....LOL.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
ASM 298 Todd McFarlane - Revit Label . Signed on interior page.

Next 3 were submitted during CBCS's Holiday Sale:
TWD 1 Variant - Rob Guillory & Rob Kirkman

TWD 19 - Peruvian Version - Rob Kirkman

4 Kids Walk into a Bank Retailer Preview- Matthew Rosenburg. Cool story, got this from Matthew Rosenburg's personal collection when he hosted a mini auction some time ago. Came with a bunch of his other work.

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I like the VSP program and it's why I even signed up for CBCS a year ago. Most of these books I posted I am keeping but some I am selling on ebay.

You've got some incredible signature books there mate! Bravo! I can relate, the VSP has allowed me to explore new avenues and niches within comic collecting. I have been surprised at how many different kinds of unverified signatures there are out there.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Here is mine. This book is from my birth month and year. I had it signed in 2013, and got it graded last year.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathyus_42
Here is mine. This book is from my birth month and year. I had it signed in 2013, and got it graded last year.

I have heard of people collecting comics from their birth month/year. Definitely a very personal book, very nice!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Just rcvd last month....

Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user

I preferred the red and blue shield logo. This new red outline one doesn't really pop like it should.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector SavageFinale private msg quote post Address this user

just got it yesterday
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Jeffreykli private msg quote post Address this user
Here's my Albedo #2 (signed by Stan Sakai on interior):

Post 34 IP   flag post
Bone #1 (1st Print) Signed by Jeff Smith:

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user

Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
be careful getting Dexter Vines to sign your books. He ruined one of my 9/11 books signed by 18 people with a #######'n paint marker. I will never get him to sign anything of mine ever again.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Jeff Smith is heading into the SDCC this year if anyone was wondering.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Iron Fist #14 Signed by John Byrne on 1st page:

Post 39 IP   flag post
Iron Man #150 (signed by Stan Lee):

Post 40 IP   flag post
Sandman #1 (Signed by Gaiman and Kieth):

Post 41 IP   flag post
Sandman #8 (Editorial Variant) Signed by Gaiman:

Post 42 IP   flag post
Thor #337 Signed by Walt Simonson:

Post 43 IP   flag post
....aaaah.....another Sandman fan!

:o)
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreykli
Here's my Albedo #2 (signed by Stan Sakai on interior):

That is an awesome book you got there
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Diva private msg quote post Address this user
I was thrilled to learn that CBCS would verify the sig on this. I had been holding on to it for years. Was done at Baltimore Comic Con 2009 (I think).

New York Comic Con 2014, Juanjo Guarnido attended. I was so stoked to get on his commission list. Gave him license to draw whatever he wanted. It turned out great. His sig was good to go as CBCS witness picked it up for me. What I didn't know is one of the people working Juanjo's booth thought it would be cool to have Robert Kirkman sign the inside cover as a treat for me. Thus the VSP label.

Post 46 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 47 IP   flag post
597904 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?