Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Original Art Program OAPComics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop Culture

WWE Then Now Forever2513

Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Real wrestling died with Kerry Von Erich.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
HHH has the mind for the business, once Vince lets the reigns go fully it should be awesome.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley what is blading?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego
Blading is the act of a wrestler cutting their forehead with a small razor to get the blood flowing during a match.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley they still do that, just not as often.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Vince hasn't allowed it in WWE for years. Shawn Michaels had to beg Vince for permission to blade for a match vs Chris Jericho in 2008 or 2009. Any blood I've seen there has been accidental.
Apparently, the refs will stop a match if someone starts bleeding now.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Space Aids.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

😂
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Apparently, the refs will stop a match if someone starts bleeding now.

Samoa Joe was accidently cut in a NXT match a few months ago, in 2016, accidental clash of heads. A bunch of refs came out and were trying to halt the action and Joe was cursing at them and running away and pushing them off. I assumed it was kayfabe and the match continued. Think it was one of his matches w/Balor.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I've actually seen them do it within the last 2 years. Maybe Vince didn't sanction it, but they did it.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Wasn't really that impressed w/Styles v Shane. I still don't like seeing Shane McMahon doing matches.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@DarthLego
Blading is the act of a wrestler cutting their forehead with a small razor to get the blood flowing during a match.
-

Back in the 1970's and early 1980's it seemed like every match was a blood match.

Post 37 IP   flag post
I always loved it when Ric Flair got cut open. His hair made the blood so over the top it was great.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I haven't watched wrestling in a few years. I keep up with it slightly since I have friends who are still big fans. I do know Roman gets booed a lot, kinda like Cena was always booed. I wish Undertaker would've jobbed to someone else for a retirement match, but whatever. He's been a company guy and a locker room leader for decades. He can do what he wants. I would like to see them allow blading again but I don't think it will happen while Vince is alive. They should also allow the wrestlers more creative freedom instead of it being so scripted. The promos come off as bland and uninspired. Women's division is really taking off though from what I've seen and heard.

Blading is dead. The amount of disease passed via blood was enough to end it.

I wonder how many guys caught hepatitis this way?
Post 39 IP   flag post
Women's Smackdown match from Wrestlemania was pretty good. I really like Bayley and Sasha. Not a big fan of Charlotte, but, dang, her moveset is impressive.
Post 40 IP   flag post
601280 40 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?