Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Modern Age

Mail Call!2512

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my latest order in the mail. i'm happy with the grades but there was one pretty big issue I've contacted CBCS about hopefully getting fixed.

The rest of the books are copies of the recent Fan Expo reprints of Batman Adventures 12, including the foil and logo variants.

So this is the error book. It should've been in a yellow label as it was signed with the rest of the books on this order. Unfortunately, it was slabbed into a blue label without the signature mentioned at all on the grader's notes.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Nice haul you got there! Jonboy is really nice guy.

Question: What's the "logo variant" mean? I'm pretty sure I have that same book.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I guess the grader must be blind but I've seen problems with some of my comics before. Bet they won't pay for your shipping when you return it,only when they send it back to you but i could be wrong. They did they same on my comics a few times. Nice comics.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@KiloGraham If you'll notice, the regular editions have the older Convergence-style DC logo. A small number were printed with the newer, Rebirth-style logo. Those are the Logo Variants.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@KiloGraham If you'll notice, the regular editions have the older Convergence-style DC logo. A small number were printed with the newer, Rebirth-style logo. Those are the Logo Variants.

Well look at that, I learned something new today. Makes me wish I had picked up a couple extra copies. Thanks for letting me know!
Post 5 IP   flag post
@KiloGraham The way I understand it, and this is nothing that I've heard corroborated by any reputable source, is that the foil logo variants were ordered for a later convention (MegaCon, I believe) but that they'd also received a single box of the non-foil logo variants, possibly as a mistake, but the non-foil one is apparently the rarer of the two.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
The "logo error"/"logo variant" books are going for a premium on eBay right now. Last week I was able to snag a foil logo variant at regular price, I guess the seller didn't know . If anyone goes looking for these, the logo error doesn't apply to the "3 Harley's" cover, as far as I know every one of those has the Rebirth DC logo.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I do wish CBCS differentiated between the two Fan Expo covers instead of just calling them both Fan Expo 2016 Variants and just relying on the date to differentiate them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I do wish CBCS differentiated between the two Fan Expo covers instead of just calling them both Fan Expo 2016 Variants and just relying on the date to differentiate them.

That would be nice. ComicBookRealm list them differently one is "Fan Expo" and the other one is "MegaCon."
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books! Gotta love the shiney covers
Post 10 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics Thank you! I think DC's improved their foil covers recently. I wasn't a big fan of the solid silver and then the completely blank back cover. The WonderCon Harley exclusive was nice because the foil had more of the background art and the back at least had the DC logo so it wasn't just blank.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I got hammered on my foil Do you Pooh artist proof book I sent in to be graded. It has scratch marks on the back cover (in my opinion from the production process) and the grader didn't like that at all. Came back a 9.0.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
I got lucky.
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Just curious are some of your wells off center in the shells it sure looks like it from the pictures. I ask because I had a book from my last submission crooked and I'm not too concerned as I thought maybe it was a one off thing but one off those BA 12 looks pretty slanted.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@JWKyle Yeah some are a little shifted. Happens sometimes during shipping. I'll tap them back into place eventually
Post 15 IP   flag post
597890 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?