Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Collectors SetsCBCS EventsCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics ForeignComics Golden AgeComics MagazinesComics Modern AgeComics PedigreesComics Restoration and ConservationComics Silver AgeGrading Help NeededMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestionsSignaturesSigning OpportunitiesStatuesToys

Welcome to the CBCS Forum!25

Collector Hilfiger1975 private msg quote post Address this user
Pleasure to be here...
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector murph private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, figured I'd sign up after the CGC forums went to...whatever... that new board is. I'm mostly a lurker so I won't be posting much but wanted to get in a hello.

Brian
Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector slym2none private msg quote post Address this user
Never saw this thread.

Hi!
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Like I was saying...

j/k
Post 504 IP   flag post
Collector I_AM_IRON_MAN private msg quote post Address this user
Hello
Post 505 IP   flag post

No post count?
Post 506 IP   flag post
I am also curious to know why one is able to discuss CGC graded books, but not PGX graded books?
Post 507 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Because CBCS considers CGC a reputable company. PGX not so much. Also, we are allowed to discuss, we just can't buy/sell/trade or post pictures of their slabs. It's not just PGX, all the other fly by nights are banned too.
Post 508 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Because CBCS considers CGC a reputable company. PGX not so much. Also, we are allowed to discuss, we just can't buy/sell/trade or post pictures of their slabs. It's not just PGX, all the other fly by nights are banned too.

OK, good to know. Fly-by-night though? 15 years? But if those the rules those the rules!
Post 509 IP   flag post
I wasnt' calling PGX fly by night, I said all the other fly by nights are also banned.
Post 510 IP   flag post
Pretty much everyone is banned except CGC.
Post 511 IP   flag post
OK fair enough. Why are they poopoo'd still from stuff 14 years ago?
Post 512 IP   flag post
It's CBCS's policy for the forum and they haven't gone into detail about reasons, it just is. As for individual opinions about PGX there's plenty of threads here where opinions have been given if you want to search them out.
Post 513 IP   flag post
Collector flikhype private msg quote post Address this user
Forum should open up on a different tab I thought...
Likewise for T&C and TAT under Order Summary in Place Order I think...

On "How do I package my books for shipment" under Help section, it mentioned there is a "link", but none of such being listed.

Glad to be here.
Post 514 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Like I was saying...

j/k

What... what were you saying?
Post 515 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_AM_IRON_MAN
No post count?

It's unnecessary. Some people put too much value into a post-count number, like more posts = more knowledge, something that isn't always true.

Post 516 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys! new to the forum, just thought I would say hello and let you all know I am here (ok, I'm at work with nothing to do and I'm super bored can somebody please entertain me?)
Post 517 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
can somebody please entertain me?

good grief now you’ve asked for trouble, sure there are some right eegits on here
Post 518 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Welcome to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics
can somebody please entertain me?

good grief now you’ve asked for trouble, sure there are some right eegits on here

haha I like trouble
Post 519 IP   flag post
Collector General_Zod private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!

Registered over a year ago but haven't really had the time to be here. I'm the same person as over on CGC boards.

Oh yeah. I wish to be entertained as well. I tip.
Post 520 IP   flag post
The eegits must be asleep.....ah sure they will be along soon.

Welcome Zod
Post 521 IP   flag post
@JLS_Comics

Post 522 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
I recently registered and shipped off my first book on Tuesday! Should be delivered today so the wait begins... Also I don't know what to update my photo to... I see there is a Leeds supporter here... so maybe I'll throw up the LCFC badge
Post 523 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
ear ago but haven't really had the time to be here. I'm the same person as over on CGC boards.

Oh yeah. I wish to be entertained as well. I

Yes that works haha
Post 524 IP   flag post
@thpike Welcome to the board

Ah Ha!!! Lincoln City fan eh (ha ha) keep the Doc Strange photo it’s cool and Doc is one on my all time favourites
Post 525 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan Everyone can be a Red Imps fan I've been following LCFC for 3 seasons now since I was able to consistently watch all the games on tv here in the states. 3 years ago I figured I'd pick a new team that had been recently promoted and BOY HAS IT BEEN A RIDE....sheesh.

I really liked this cover for the recent run for Doctor Strange so I had to have it just based on that.
Post 526 IP   flag post
@thpike I have fond memories of Lincoln as my daughter went to uni there, lovely cathedral…..and that step hill…..must be impassable in the snow.

I lived in Swindon most of my life and although Super Leeds are my team I know what it's like to support the so called smaller teams…….but as we all know every dog has its day as we see in the premiership week in week out and of course the FA Cup
Post 527 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan Ahh I'm talking about Leicester but yes haha everyone was pulling for Lincoln City this year. The FA cup is magic innit!?
Post 528 IP   flag post
@thpike Ahhhhh….. you turned the tables on me there. I thought that it was Leicester that you were supporting hence the ha ha after I said Lincoln…touché.

What a fantastic achievement last year winning the Premiership, it certainly was one in the eye for all the prima donna so called big boys….but what the hell happened at the beginning of this year. Shame about Claudio Ranieri he came across as a really nice guy.

My lot are looking for yet another manager after Gary Monk resigned today
Post 529 IP   flag post
Collector rec1978 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,

I am new to the CBCS boards, but I have been around the block a little while (EBay for 16 years and CGC Chat Boards (same user id) for 4 years).

If you see anything in my EBay store (http://stores.ebay.com/ronnieeinnor/) that you like, please feel free to shoot me a PM!

Cheers,

Ron

As a side note: I am sending my first book, for CBCS Submission, today!

Post 530 IP   flag post
596794 530 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?