CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Turnaround 4/3/20172488

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a quick question here as well. I was filling out a submission form to turn at a show, and I notice something different. I was not able to enter the name of the show. Is this new this year?
Post 2 IP   flag post
You don't have to enter the name of the show you turn a submission in at. The only time you would have to enter a show is if you wanted to pick an order up at a particular show.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh OK. Thanks again.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Kabuki private msg quote post Address this user
Steve

I submitted 2 moderns at the Long Beach Comic Expo on Feb 18, 2017. Online the books have been "processes" with an invoice date of March 19th. There is also red text on the invoice that says expect completion 8-12 weeks after receipt. In that case, the 8-12 week clock started Feb 18th when I dropped off the books at the show or a month after I dropped off the books?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Processing isn't a status, click on your invoice number to open a different screen that shows each book with a status.

Clock starts on Con entries Tuesday after the Con.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Kabuki private msg quote post Address this user
I was looking at the dashboard, within the "open orders"

Yes I see the line with my order, received 19 March...order #....status.....items....total.

Under status, it says "processing"

On that same line, I did click the invoice number and see the titles of the two books. No status is given.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Quick question, I had a invoice with some Expanded comics and Modern comics, the expanded have moved to grading but not the modern? But isen't modern ahead of the expanded for TAT?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki
I was looking at the dashboard, within the "open orders"

Yes I see the line with my order, received 19 March...order #....status.....items....total.

Under status, it says "processing"

On that same line, I did click the invoice number and see the titles of the two books. No status is given.

Your turnaround starts the Tuesday following the convention. What you're seeing is the date we got it entered into the system.

Your books are in for pressing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb86
Quick question, I had a invoice with some Expanded comics and Modern comics, the expanded have moved to grading but not the modern? But isen't modern ahead of the expanded for TAT?

Mixed tiers are in the same box in the grading room. The books are not graded by the same person. Vintage is behind so they're working the mixed boxes first. Once they're finished, the box goes to the Modern side of the grading room to finish it off.
Post 10 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
w00t! Just got word that FedEx is holding the package with my latest books. I'm gonna have a fun time unboxing those when I get home!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb86

Mixed tiers are in the same box in the grading room. The books are not graded by the same person. Vintage is behind so they're working the mixed boxes first. Once they're finished, the box goes to the Modern side of the grading room to finish it off.

Makes sense! thank you!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
My current order went from processing yesterday to QC today. That means it has been graded and awaiting getting put into the slab itself right? So maybe they were just behind in updating what part of the process they were on before? Or am I mistaken?
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsaSequel
My current order went from processing yesterday to QC today. That means it has been graded and awaiting getting put into the slab itself right? So maybe they were just behind in updating what part of the process they were on before? Or am I mistaken?

QC is done after the book is slabbed.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsaSequel

QC is done after the book is slabbed.

Thursday they went into shipping and yesterday they were shipped. So I guess they were just a little behind on updating the status of the books but I'm still happy and psyched to get those slabs in my hands!
Post 15 IP   flag post
600840 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?