Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSPMemorabiliaQuestionsSigning Opportunities

Need advice from experienced CON People2459

Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I'm thinking of going to Amazing Hawaii Comic Con August 25-27. The Las Vegas Version is in June. The only reason I would go is to have Todd McFarlane sign some of my comics. I do not want them graded. Just kept raw and signed.

The Ultimate Fan Package for Todd McFarlane sold out instantly for Vegas. So I have a chance to buy the McFarlane package tomorrow for Hawaii.

Amazing Tickets

Do you guys buy these packages at Cons? Is this the only way for him to sign some of my comics or can I just buy general admission and wait in a long line? I have 3 comics I'd like him to sign. 2x Hulk 340 and ASM #300.

Feedback and personal experience needed please! Thanks!

ULTIMATE FAN PACKAGE: TODD McFARLANE
Limited to just 100.  Price-$90
*Early VIP Entry to Amazing Comic Con HAWAII
*Reserved Seating for All Todd McFarlane Spotlight Panels
*Special Signing Session for Todd McFarlane-
Exclusive session will be scheduled for Saturday August 26, and each Ultimate Fan Member is guaranteed their allotted signatures during this session only.
*Gift Bag which includes Spawn Batman Special with 2 additional Spawn Comic items
*Commemorative Keepsake Metal Ticket Stub for Amazing Comic Con 
*Exclusive Lanyard and  Passport badge
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
For someone like Todd, I think it might be worth it, especially if that's what you're going to the con for.

Otherwise you're just waiting in lines the entire time, which isn't fun, even if whatever you're lined up for is the only thing you want to do.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
After standing in line 10 minutes you'd be wishing you had done it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KiloGraham private msg quote post Address this user
I'd buy that for $90. If you can afford to, it's best to operate on guarantees and spend the least amount of time waiting. VIP passes and packages are expensive, but showing up for every panel two minutes before it starts and going right to the front and sitting down is a pretty great feeling.

Last year at fanexpo I showed up to the Quesada signing as he was about to finish, they weren't letting any one else line up and there was maybe five people left. I didn't say a word, showed my VIP pass, they stepped aside and I walked in front of every one who waited and had my books signed.

If there's a package for someone you want to guarantee you see while you're there you should buy it. You'll probably regret not spending a little bit of money on it if you miss out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks for the feedback. I will buy it tomorrow then. Sounds like the way to go.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Hamfoo private msg quote post Address this user
If you were going to that convention anyway, the extra money spent is well worth it for the time it will save you standing on lines. It can save you disappointment on being capped and almost guarantees your books to be signed
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Ah...the long lines...I remember you so well friend....

:o)
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I spent Two and a half hours waiting in line for George Perez, however he does not charge a fee. He did charge for a sketch that I asked him do of Iron Man. It is pretty nice. I also had him sign my Avengers 196. I which I would have brought some New Teen Titans books for him to sign.I was not prepared well enough before that Con.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
For a big name like the Toddfather, I would buy the package. As others have said, it's not very fun waiting in line all day.

It's like going to Disney World and not getting the fast pass. You only have time for a couple of rides otherwise!

The other option, if you can afford to do so, is to pay someone to stand in line for you. There are plenty of suckers (friends) who might be willing to do this for you in exchange for a day general admit ticket. There are also some services that do this at conventions.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
The other problem, depending on the size of the con he might not do open signing.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics
The other problem, depending on the size of the con he might not do open signing.

I think T. McFarlane stopped with the "open signings", because I remember in 2007 at the SDCC you had to reach into a hat to pull out a specially marked ticket - in order to even get into another long line that allowed him to sign one item you brought, and the print you were going to receive (xxx/300).

If you weren't successful the first time around, you had to go back through the same line and try again. It took me two tries and "a little help" from the "hat holder" to actually be able to pull one.

It will be interesting what he does this year, but what ever he does, it will be well worth your time waiting.

Good luck!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thanks for the advice all. I bought the package. I hate waiting in long lines. 😁
Post 12 IP   flag post
596797 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?