Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden AgeQuestions

STOLEN BOOK - Action Comics #44 - CBCS 6.52454

Collector WalkinWillie private msg quote post Address this user
In case anybody runs across this book - CBCS serial #7010413-AA-004 - it was bought under false pretenses.

A person temporarily living at someone's house stole that person's credit card while the home owner was out of town, bought the book off my website and was able to create an ID with the homeowner's address so they could put a stop mail request in with the USPS.

They then signed for the book at the post office - the book's whereabouts are now unknown. The book's last location was in Fort Myers, FL on 3/8/2017 where is was signed for at the USPS. I didn't know about the problem until the credit card owner put in a dispute through their credit card issuer and it ended up as a PayPal dispute case.

Just putting this out there in case anyone runs across the book. There are no graded copies of the book on eBay right now and the one raw copy that I found is not my book.

I was using PayPal Web Payments Pro but the fraud protection is not good - unless you want to pay extra over what you are already paying - so I only accept PayPal Express, cashier's check or money order now. Interestingly enough, you pay $30 a month plus transaction fees for the Web Payments Pro where the PayPal Express is just transaction fees with MUCH better fraud protection - go figure. The only advantage I see with Web Payments Pro over PayPal Express is that the customer does not leave your website to pay. But if someone wants a book, they won't care if they go to PayPal to pay for the book - I know I don't when I buy something on the web.

Anyway, thanks in advance for anybody running across this book - I'll figure a way to make it worth someone's time and trouble for the safe return of the book. I will post updates as I get them.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear about this! It never ceases to amaze me the horrible things people will do.

I am in south Florida too but over here on the east Coast (Ft. Lauderdale area) I will keep an eye out in shops around here as well as at some upcoming conventions for this book
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
Report to CGC as well in case the their tries to "launder" the book by getting it regraded (don't know if they have a way to do that?)
Post 3 IP   flag post
601222 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?