Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector I_AM_IRON_MAN private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Marvel,

Could you please make a decent F'ing X-Men comic any time soon? By the way, F you for cancelling X-Men 92 which was the only run I was pulling from your company for the last year and a bit any way.

I hate you big time right now, you POS.

J
Post 1 IP   flag post
P.S Invincible Iron Man SUCKS.
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
It all sucks. VIVA LA SEVENTIES!

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
It all sucks. VIVA LA SEVENTIES!

Hey now...Star Wars was an AWESOME time!!

:o)
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@ZosoRocks He means he loves the Seventies. Like "Praise the Seventies". That is my favorite period as well. Loved Warlock, Tomb of Dracula, Werewolf by Night, Marvel Team Up,Avengers,Daredevil,Nova,Defenders, just to name a few.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Kav private msg quote post Address this user
When they stopped making comics for kids-that's when they died.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
I thought he was referring to....the '70a hadn't been a good time for comics...Welcome Back!

I could have misperceived that....my bad.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
I thought he was referring to....the '70a hadn't been a good time for comics...Welcome Back!

I could have misperceived that....my bad.

The 70s were the best.
Post 8 IP   flag post
And the early 80s.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
The early 80s was the high-point in comics creativity. Miller. Byrne. Perez. Bisette. Boland. Rude. Stevens. Wolfman. Claremont. Moore. First Comics, Pacific Comics, Eclipse Comics. There was very little drek at the time.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
The early 70s were great for comics. There was suckage during the mid- to late-70s.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_AM_IRON_MAN
Dear Marvel,

Could you please make a decent F'ing X-Men comic any time soon? By the way, F you for cancelling X-Men 92 which was the only run I was pulling from your company for the last year and a bit any way.

I hate you big time right now, you POS.

J

Ouch...wouldn't want to be marvel right now..
Post 12 IP   flag post
I would much rather read some of the 'drek' from earlier times over the modern Marvel caca. Some think nothing of runs like The Nam, but I would much rather read that than the crap rolling of the press today.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
The early 70s were great for comics. There was suckage during the mid- to late-70s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
Probably the best thing from Marvel in the late 70's would be Claremont and Byrne's run on the Uncanny X-Men.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I kinda thought we were in the 1990's again. The era of gimmicks and speculation. It didn't matter then and it doesn't seem to matter now that the publishers are pumping out garbage. The speculators and flippers will lead us to the collapse again.

When it happens, what will be left to continue the industry?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Star Wars, Daredevil and Doctor Strange are all pretty good.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I kinda thought we were in the 1990's again. The era of gimmicks and speculation. It didn't matter then and it doesn't seem to matter now that the publishers are pumping out garbage. The speculators and flippers will lead us to the collapse again.

I agree. Look at the crappy story line from Civil War 2. Only the art was good. I was at a small comic book store the other day and they had stacks of them on the rack.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector aerischan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

Depends on what you consider the industry. Diamond may collapse, and both DC and Marvel may not be the heavyweights they are now (and really, it might actually be better if their title count drops from 70+ a month to just half that). Comics as collectibles might suffer, too.

I reckon comics in general will be fine particularly now that the medium has gained more widespread acceptance.

The bestselling comics aren't found in the direct market anyway (at least if you don't count gimmicks such as variant covers or Loot Crate). They're in schools and bookstores and are targeted towards kids.
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Even Marvel isn't dumb enough to screw up Star Wars, Disney has a tight control over that because every thing new is supposed to canon.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Even Marvel isn't dumb enough to screw up Star Wars, Disney has a tight control over that because every thing new is supposed to canon.

Speeeeaking of. Has there been in continuity issues within the comics and films that people have seen or brought up?
Post 20 IP   flag post
I'd say DC is far ahead of Marvel right now, comics wise. But I read more independents than Marvel and DC combined these days.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user

You guys sound like someone's parents complaining about that "noise" their kids call music. lol.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector MichelleErika private msg quote post Address this user
They keep relying on their top 20 too much. How many Cyclops or Jean Grey stories can they recycle? They need to go deep into the deck and pull out mutants like Pixie, Northstar and Havok.
Post 23 IP   flag post
600741 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?