Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS Signature ASP

Sketch Covers... Sketch Covers Everywhere24

Collector suckerv private msg quote post Address this user
OK, it's nearly finished. Just needs some touch up (according to her, lol) and the webbing added. But here is the near-finished Spider-Gwen piece by Dawn McTeigue I'm picking up later this month:

Post 401 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
wow that's beautiful
Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I commissioned Steven Butler to draw Wolverine on a blank cover book. He's sending it to me when it's done. Is there any way it can get yellow label?
Post 403 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia You would need to contact Mark Roman to get a certain form for Steven to sign and keep with the book along with the invoice for the CBCS order and have him send the book directly to CBCS
Post 404 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite so if he's not interested in doing that, red label is my only option?
Post 405 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Correct. Unless you get a facilitator for a convention, it's pretty hard to get a Yellow label otherwise.
Post 406 IP   flag post
Ok thanks for the replies. The book is being sent to his house for him to work on. I'll reach out to him and see if he's willing to fill out the paperwork and submit it for me.
Post 407 IP   flag post
I found out from CBCS themselves that there is such a thing as an ART blue label as well. I have a lot of personal friends who are doing sketches for me where they don't have the form to send in and there's no way to verify the signature since they're merely local artists. Turns out you can get a blue ART label, but it won't have any of the artist's info.

It might be cheaper in those cases just to buy your own slabs from Comic Skin or something.
Post 408 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
@dielinfinite so if he's not interested in doing that, red label is my only option?

Yes, if he doesn't want to do that, and you want it verified, Red lable. There is also a Blue ART lable for unverified sketch books.
Post 409 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia It's a very short and easy form (I dug up the copy I was given) and I haven't had an artist turn it down yet. Of course, I always tell them my intention up front ("hey, I would like to have the book graded and encapsulated, which requires you to fill out a short form, is that okay?" )

Since he already has the book, I'd offer to mail him the form and the CBCS invoice so he doesn't have to trouble himself with printing it. The form also has the address he should mail it in to and I'd kindly point that out to him.

If he's still not willing to do that, contact Mark Roman and becoming an AW may be an option that will allow you to take possession of the book and still retain be able to get a yellow label. I'd explain to him the situation so he knows what's happening and can let you know the correct process.
Post 410 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Here are a couple I did at WonderCon Last weekend.

Post 411 IP   flag post
Thanks again for the replies. I spoke with Mark and he's sending me the forms to become an AW and the form to send to Steven. I don't mind a red label at all, I just think the yellow will go better with Wolverine.
Post 412 IP   flag post
Collector Millvilleresident private msg quote post Address this user

Just got this in and couldn't be happier.
Post 413 IP   flag post
Collector Comic_Diva private msg quote post Address this user
@uhussein92 OMG that Stalk sketch is wicked cool
Post 414 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvilleresident

Just got this in and couldn't be happier.

why do i feel there is a lot more to this sketch than what it is. maybe its the horn pub inside of me seeing this for what it is.

and does she seem like she has 6 fingers? 6x the fun i guess.
Post 415 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one more that my son sketched.

Post 416 IP   flag post
Had a friend of mine do a sketch on a Teen Titans blank. Told her my two favorites and just trusted her to do her own thing. I love what she came up with!

Post 417 IP   flag post

Post 418 IP   flag post
She's very talented
Post 419 IP   flag post
One of the Sketch Covers I did at WonderCon, Embo from the Clone Wars.

Post 420 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Here's one more that my son sketched.

Post 421 IP   flag post
Collector QuantumTunnelRat private msg quote post Address this user

Post 422 IP   flag post
Collector QuantumTunnelRat private msg quote post Address this user

Post 423 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user

Post 424 IP   flag post
good ones imo
Post 425 IP   flag post
Collector Millvilleresident private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call from Nei Ruffino's November commission list.

Post 426 IP   flag post
@Millvilleresident breath taking
Post 427 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvilleresident
Mail call from Nei Ruffino's November commission list.

so beautiful oh wow brah
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user

Arthur Suydam

George Perez

Walt Flanagan

D.J.Coffman

Herb Trimpe

Katie Cook

Larry Hama

Chip Zdarsky

Kevin Eastman

Jorge Molina
Post 429 IP   flag post
Oh man, I am loving that Katie Cook!!
Post 430 IP   flag post
600892 499 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?