Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS Signature ASP

Sketch Covers... Sketch Covers Everywhere24

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I didnt think the 3.00 price tag you have on the Defenders was accurate but I had to try 😁
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Couple new sketchcovers I just finished coloring.

Post 302 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I know Wolverine is done too much but I still love this Adam Pollina Sketch I got. From 2012. I think he retired now and has a beard trimming business or something. LOL

Post 303 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Got this photo this morning. Will get a yellow label.

Post 304 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user

This is going out for a yellow label soon.
Post 305 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
oh wow spot on

Lynda is sooooo freakin hot, then and now.
Post 306 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user

At RCCC '16 I asked David Finch to bring these two crime-fighters together as different/similar as they are, with the intention of doing my own mock cover. The stats are real; printed off and adhered to the cover with archival tape. I love it. Heading to CBCS right now.
Post 307 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user

Finished! Linda Blair signed and remarked. Art and stats by me. Heading to CBCS at the moment.
Post 308 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 309 IP   flag post
Collector suckerv private msg quote post Address this user
Got this done by Chris Marrinan this morning:

Post 310 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

Of all the females Adam can sketch, my friend wanted Wolverine.

Sketched by Darryl Banks and colored by Laura Martin

Post 311 IP   flag post
Speechless.
Post 312 IP   flag post
@JustThatGuy - those are pretty freaking wonderful.

AH does so much with so little. Love it.

Those Banks are so awesome. Terrific inkwork.
Post 313 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
That Banks/Martin piece is beautiful. Congrats man
Post 314 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Chris Puglise

Beautiful piece man. Just as impressive is that he did it on that blank. Those older Marvel blanks are horrible for copics/colors
Post 315 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Miller's new style may not be to your liking and I can understand that opinion. It is a big departure from his days on Dardevil but not that big a jump from so of the work he did on DK2. This book in person looks different than in the photo. It is a pretty nice sketch and pops when you see it. I'm happy with the two Miller sketch books I now own.

Post 316 IP   flag post
Personally, I hate that Frank Miller has two different signatures: one for sketches, one for just signature. His recent sketches are lazy and horrible. I would never pay over five or $600 for that. #Sorrynotsorry
Post 317 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Personally, I hate that Frank Miller has two different signatures: one for sketches, one for just signature. His recent sketches are lazy and horrible. I would never pay over five or $600 for that. #Sorrynotsorry

Miller does a FM on some auto books without a sketch. A change from the past.

On his style, it is a personal thing and I understand your viewpoint. Please note, that I could say the say thing about where Eastman took his style when he returned to the turtles in his IDW stuff. It is blocky, stiff, and dark compared to the Mirage work. His Mirage work is jovial compared to the IDW pages and covers he has done.
Post 318 IP   flag post
Isn't FM looking pretty terrible, he is really ill isn't he? I am not holding anything against him and sketches. Miller fans are just lucky he can still draw at all.
Post 319 IP   flag post
It is true his health is not well.
Post 320 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

I remember when he'd sign for free, and actually spell his whole name out.

Post 321 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@JustThatGuy

Wow! That sketch is so good looks like a print cover. Please sell me that!!!
Post 322 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@JustThatGuy

Wow! That sketch is so good looks like a print cover. Please sell me that!!!

In the most appreciative and nicest way: no. MINE MINE MINE
Post 323 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
n the most appreciative and nicest way: no. MINE MINE MINE

That book is crazy amounts of awesomeness. Wtfff 👍🏻
Post 324 IP   flag post

Post 325 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Went to the Zapp! sketch party today.

I am waiting on two commissions I dropped off but I watched Nick Justus draw this Dark Phoenix sketch I am giving my brother for his birthday.

Post 326 IP   flag post
Not exactly a sketch cover but I didn't want to start a whole new thread.

Alex Ross just put this up on his Facebook feed. I just wanted to share his awesome art of a long overdue match-up with you:

I will be picking up two more commissions from my LCS this week so I will be putting them up soon.
Post 327 IP   flag post
A couple more sketch-covers I finished.

Post 328 IP   flag post
Picked up these two commissions from Nick Justus at my LCS when I went out for lunch:

Post 329 IP   flag post
I posted this one before, but I just got it back today ,colored, from the awesome Alex Sinclair

Post 330 IP   flag post
600891 499 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?