Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to your collection #3 Modern2382

Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
I realy love doing these threads, I figure O would start a moden thread to keep the original new collection thread from becoming overwhelmed with moden variants, that is burning a hole in my pocket and some of your guys wallets also. So with this said im starting this one with some venomized variants I just picked up from my LCS.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
@DertyComix nice pick up I see some Iv been meaning to get my self.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thx big, going back to the LCS today to pick this up, I had forgotten to getbit when I was there the other day.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@DertyComix I love the All New Wolverine cover. That one is my favorite of the Venomized covers.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips out of all the covers that were picked up that day, that was my favorite also.
Post 5 IP   flag post

There she is. Just got back from the LCS and i am very happy with how she looks. I will be send this out asap with a few other books, dont know which one yet but there will be a few to get graded with her.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix

There she is. Just got back from the LCS and i am very happy with how she looks. I will be send this out asap with a few other books, dont know which one yet but there will be a few to get graded with her.

Thanks to @Darkga I just submitted one of these for JSC to sign with @TrinityComics! So excited!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

had these 2 since I was a child
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
#riveting
Post 9 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke brings back memories, I remember when the whole craze of the death of superman. I was just a small youngster just getting back into reading comic books. I was a military brat and we finally moved to a place that had a comic book store, and I remember seeing those books on the shelf.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Quote:

Thanks to @Darkga I just submitted one of these for JSC to sign with @TrinityComics! So excited!

I should submit mine for a sig, but get it in a red label. I think that would look good with it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
First of all, great idea to have a separate modern thread. I thought I would contribute to the J Scott Campbell love with this new addition:

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector aerischan private msg quote post Address this user
Super Sons #1 group shot. Will take another pic once I receive all the variants.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
First of all, great idea to have a separate modern thread. I thought I would contribute to the J Scott Campbell love with this new addition:

how did you obtain that?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:

I love these Red Sonja covers. Hell I even wish they would come out with another movie already. I did read at one point they were doing one but it never happened.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector aerischan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

how did you obtain that?

This is just the 1:100 Campbell variant. The $0.25 cover price makes this affordable to acquire. :p
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
how did you obtain that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerischan
This is just the 1:100 Campbell variant. The $0.25 cover price makes this affordable to acquire. :p

Yup. For a few weeks the price spiked quite a bit. People were asking $50+. Its coming back down to earth now and selling for about $25. I got my mine on ebay using a best offer option, which got well below the recent sales. Not sure if it was worth even that, but I decided to go all in on the Campbell covers for this series and this was the one I was missing.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector suckerv private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing uber fancy, but I just snagged one of each of these. More JSC love, lol.

These are in the mail and on their way:

Snagged this for a decent price off eBay:

Got these signed by Greg Rucka and Liam Sharp:

Post 18 IP   flag post
@suckerv love that wounder woman 75th special.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
@suckerv love that wounder woman 75th special.

Thanks! I'm going to try to get everyone who worked on it to sign it. Jenny Frison is next
Post 20 IP   flag post
I love sharp's sig. that's tight.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
I love sharp's sig. that's tight.

Yeah seriously! I had never seen anything like that before, and when he started signing it, I got super excited because I thought I was getting a sketch, lol
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Damn it-- I have to stop looking at these threads.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector 1nOnly private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerischan
Super Sons #1 group shot. Will take another pic once I receive all the variants.

Those teacher's office covers are really cool!
Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy

Yep. The ebay app and a purchase is just a few clicks away. Its just too easy 😳
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy

Yep. The ebay app and a purchase is just a few clicks away. Its just too easy

That is exactly how I just wound up buying the Vampirella 0 posted above. I need to delete my ebay account for a few weeks.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@DertyComix She looks nice. Picked up a nice copy today. Saw a real clean copy of 1:100 varient for $50. Wondering if that is a good market price right now? I was tempted to get it.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Oh, I picked up the regular varient with the full torso. That was cover price. I see you got the 1:100.
Post 28 IP   flag post
This is cover B of #1. This is the one I bought today. Sorry about the photo quality. I am out front of the comic shop.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Picked up this one too.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597868 319 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?