Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestionsToys

TRADING OFFERS - TMNT First Printing #12381

Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
My problem is this: I know most of the owners in the deep knit community of TMNT who do have first printings of #1 but are unwilling to part with them unless maybe there was a trade on the table. And it's always the same: Golden Age or Silver Age only.

Ridiculous, I know.

Either that, or people be trying to sell $3,000 books for $6,000. That's the situation.

Unless you have better and bigger books to trade, it's going to be tough to get anyone to take your trade. TMNT #1 is a major key so, unfortunately, you're going to need to bring major keys to the table.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
regarding that youtube video...but i could see the extra blood on the middle "T" on the cover, a dead giveaway that book is a third printing without even cracking the slab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Unless you have better and bigger books to trade, it's going to be tough to get anyone to take your trade. TMNT #1 is a major key so, unfortunately, you're going to need to bring major keys to the table.

Yeah, I know. I'm getting there...still waiting on some things to get sent back to me
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
regarding that youtube video...but i could see the extra blood on the middle "T" on the cover, a dead giveaway that book is a third printing without even cracking the slab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE

Yeah, I know. I'm getting there...still waiting on some things to get sent back to me

Good luck on trying to get one. The book a grail for me but I can't justify paying so much for a Copper book so unless it drops down to about a grand, I'm never going to own a copy.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
My problem is this: I know most of the owners in the deep knit community of TMNT who do have first printings of #1 but are unwilling to part with them unless maybe there was a trade on the table. And it's always the same: Golden Age or Silver Age only.

Ridiculous, I know.

Either that, or people be trying to sell $3,000 books for $6,000. That's the situation.

I own one and it isn't for sale, and/or trade. It will be passed on to my son. TMNT #1 has a strange hold on me. It took 15 years to find the copy I wanted as it had to be almost as specific a copy as the one KaptMyke is looking for in this thread. I found it by accident on eBay.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke
Are there any differences in 1st vs 2nd printing on the cover? I've noticed the third printings on ebay have that extra "T" blood spatter you mentioned
Post 30 IP   flag post

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
On the inside. The inside front page will say "Second Printing". Counterfeits try to rub that out or use methods to remove it.

On first printings, the real "tell all sign" is the ad on the inside back page for Gobbedlygook #1 and #2. That is the clincher.
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Right now I have a fourth printing #1. It'll probably be a few years before I attempt to attain a first print, which is also one of my grails.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:

The real "tell all sign" is the ad on the inside back page for Gobbedlygook #1 and #2. That is the clincher.

Looks like this:

Post 33 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Which printing has the Gobbledygook?
Post 34 IP   flag post
FIRST PRINTING has Gobbledygook ad on the inside rear cover.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
FIRST PRINTING has Gobbledygook ad on the inside rear cover.

The photo is of the inside of the rear cover. Maybe this shows it better.

Post 36 IP   flag post
keep rubbing it in...
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
keep rubbing it in...

I have no doubt that you will get one! You own just about every other TMNT item made. You are the biggest Turtle fan I've encountered.
Post 38 IP   flag post

Post 39 IP   flag post
598062 39 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?