Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededPop CultureQuestions

Please grade this Batman Adventures 122377

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke you have a great book there.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
so this to me is the first "Newstand Variant" label at CBCS, if I'm correct. For Batman Adventures 12 anyway.
Post 77 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
That's straight up awesome dude
Post 78 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Why are all the 9.4 on ebay selling for $750-800 and they aren't even Newstand editions? A few are asking $620. I'm thinking this book should be $1500. Mile High Comics has a near mint copy non-newstand edition for $2750. All non newstand editions have sold around $450-$500.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Coz newsstand means nothing to most everyone but those who are looking for them. You looking to unload this book?
Post 80 IP   flag post

Perhaps as I need funds to pay for matt down the road
Post 81 IP   flag post
If you can afford to, I'd hang onto it a bit longer and see if CBCS newsstand designation catches on a bit more, it may pay off. This book is extremely rare in 9+ NS
Post 82 IP   flag post
I know rite. I really don't want to sell it. if I did, it won't be cheap LOL this is our modern day accidental key imo
Post 83 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke That is cool to see you get a 9.4 on it. You should post some before and after pictures. Assuming you have bot gotten it back yet?
Post 84 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke, nice book. I pegged it as an 8.5 pre-pressing; 9.4 post is awesome.

Going back to color differences in books, the 1960s version of Marvel's Capt. Marvel #1 has purple and blue covers presumably as a result of the ink issues discussed in this thread, I suppose. Neat looking.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Thanks. I'm quite happy with the grade. It amazes me that 80s-90s newstand editions can survive the test of time and maintain a high grade.
Post 86 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Since I predicted the final grade I win a discount on that book you keep turning down my best offers on right?
Post 87 IP   flag post
um wut lol
Post 88 IP   flag post
Special thanks goes out to @SteveRicketts and @SteveBorock for this gem that came in the mail today. I especially wish to thank CBCS for the new inhouse pressing service, and acknowledging the fast growing market trend of high grade newsstand editions of our favorite comics.

Thank you CBCS

Here's my girls:

aaaand...the money shot:

Post 89 IP   flag post
I love this new label btw. Don't ever change, brah. (DECB)
Post 90 IP   flag post
600892 90 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?