Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSignatures

Signature on interior page (best method)2367

Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all!

I am going to Comicon Toronto this weekend with the hopes of getting an interior page on Spawn 14 signed by Tony Harris (he did a pinup near the back of the book). It's not a key issue or anything just something that I think would be nice to have.

Any suggestions for the best way to prep the book for this?

Secondary question, originally I wasn't going to bother getting it slabbed but let's say I do, does CBCS offer a service to scan the signed page or should I just try my best at taking a decent picture before handing it over?

As always thanks for the tips!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Mr_adam_R private msg quote post Address this user
I would say take a picture of it with your phone prior to sending it off. it's free and with the quality of cameras built into todays phones is way better than it used to be. good luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS doesn't offer a single page interior photo, just a full book slideshow for $300.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego I also don't know of anyone who's used it so I can't speak to the image quality you're getting or how long the process will delay your order
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I couldn't imagine even using the slideshow service on anything worth less than $5K
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
I'd spend the $300 on a more comics books
Post 6 IP   flag post
Yeah $300 for a full slideshow of a $1-3 comic, no thanks lol I'll just take a photo of the pin-up page with the signature.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
Yeah $300 for a full slideshow of a $1-3 comic, no thanks lol I'll just take a photo of the pin-up page with the signature.
Hi. Why would you pay to have a $1-$3 valued comic graded?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
One could also do a slide show of a book with their own camera. Then set it up as a power point slide show presentation.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@KingNampa

It's a nice looking book (in my opinion) so $23 to be graded/protected/authenticated isn't that bad. It's not something I'd really worry about selling/recouping my $

I'm not 100% going to have it graded, it depends if I pick a few others to send it (thus making the shipping costs worth it).
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Got it. But wouldn't your enjoy it more if you could open it up to see the signature. A nice mylar bag/board will protect it just the same.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I would have him sign it. I am also sure he will have prints and maybe some original art for sale at the show. Then instead of slabbing the book, you could have the art framed and even matted for a nice display piece.Here is an example. Here is a print that Neal Adams signed for me with a head sketch of Batman.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The print was pretty cool and I had him sign 3 different ones for me.I had him do this for me on a Friday night of a 3 day show when things were a bit slow at Motorcity Con 2 years ago. So it was just Neal and I talking comics while he drew. He let me keep the pencil that he used on it too. I want to add that to the frame eventually.
Post 13 IP   flag post
This frame was onlt about $12. at IKEA.
Post 14 IP   flag post
597883 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?