Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPCBCS Signature VSP

Signature conundrum2340

Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
So I purchased a cover set from J Scott Campbell's store. It's the Elektra signed set, but sadly if I get it graded it's not going to get a yellow label.

Would it be worth it?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be fine with Verified Red Label.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The only way I can get yellow labels with Campbell is with @TrinityComics convention services...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
I've red labeled books that may not be worth it as far as money goes, but they're worth it to me so if you wanna slab them, then go for it! I've seen Red Labels sell at pretty good prices too depending on the signature and book.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
The only way I can get yellow labels with Campbell is with @TrinityComics convention services...

That's how I plan on getting Dell'otto to sign a few books of mine! It's a cool service they offer.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector DLAComics private msg quote post Address this user
Buy unsigned and send to someone seeing Campbellb like me. DLAComics@gmail.com
Post 6 IP   flag post
I wish the store would let you set it up where it ships directly to CBCS so i could you could get yellow label.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing wrong with red labels. On some books they look cooler than yellow. Elektra being one for sure.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics
I wish the store would let you set it up where it ships directly to CBCS so i could you could get yellow label.
It would still have to be processed as a VSP in a case like this.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
I don't want to be a grumpass but the Red Label is worse than the CGC green label when talking about signed books.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertofredrico
I don't want to be a grumpass but the Red Label is worse than the CGC green label when talking about signed books.

Not understanding this...are you saying visually you like green labels better than red? Red labels at least have a "professional" 3rd opinion on the subject matter. Green, without some sort of additional authenticity like a COA, is just someone writing a random name on a cover.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Not understanding this...are you saying visually you like green labels better than red? Red labels at least have a "professional" 3rd opinion on the subject matter. Green, without some sort of additional authenticity like a COA, is just someone writing a random name on a cover.

This I agree, the red label is at least verified by a 3rd party vs.the CGC green. With the red label you get an assurance that those signatures have been authenticated. COA's can be printed by any joe blow and slap a forgery signature in it, with the 3rd party verification you get a sense of security that the book is lagit.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I disagree.

I have a green 9.6 CGC SW #1 with Chaykin's signature. This submission was done' before I heard about the CBCS VSP program.

I personally think the 3rd party verification of a signature is a MAJOR STEP UP from the CGC green "name written on cover" "Qualified" label.

Eventually, I will send it to CBCS for the Red label.

Cons for CGC green label:
- not verified signature certification
- "name written on cover" is so "awful" or an association

Pros for CBCS red label:
- name verified by 3rd party
- will put name of person signing on label
- much more presentable than "name written on cover"
- selling higher than CGC green labeled signed books
- eye appeal is better

To me....CBCS wins again.

I think this added service by CBCS, actually is a great marketing path to attract more customers to submit. And people will, due to the "verification" of the signature.

CGC will probably see this gain as well, and change their program to include this service.

We'll just have to wait and see.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector DertyComix private msg quote post Address this user
This was a choice for me recently with the red vs. green label. I have a book with about 18 signatures on it, the cost for me to have it red labeled would probably be more than what the book is worth, so the choice for me to get it greened labeled was more of a budget issue. I had my local LCS do it for me. Just waiting on a call from them in about a week or two to get the book back.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
I buy Green Labels a lot, they are cheaper and i can usually authenticate on my own by just comparing the green label book to its signature series counterpart. 😁
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
This was a choice for me recently with the red vs. green label. I have a book with about 18 signatures on it, the cost for me to have it red labeled would probably be more than what the book is worth, so the choice for me to get it greened labeled was more of a budget issue. I had my local LCS do it for me. Just waiting on a call from them in about a week or two to get the book back.

I agree with this strategy....especially with having more than 4-5 signatures on a book.

@KingNampa - This is also great strategy too, just begin collecting your own "signatures" from the internet, in order to validate those you don't have verified/authenticated. Then include a picture of an authenticated signature with a picture of the "green labeled" slab - and wha-la - verified!

:o)
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thanks for all the input. I think I'll get them both graded.

I have the COAs so i know they're authentic.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DertyComix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

This I agree, the red label is at least verified by a 3rd party vs.the CGC green. With the red label you get an assurance that those signatures have been authenticated. COA's can be printed by any joe blow and slap a forgery signature in it, with the 3rd party verification you get a sense of security that the book is lagit.

Or at least more of a sense, anyway. Part of me will always wonder if my Kirby Sig was actually signed by Roz.
Post 18 IP   flag post
598013 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?