Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Reviews of IRON FIST coming in, not good...2304

Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
WHAT??? I thought Jon Bernthal was a great Punisher!
Best Punisher so far!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Comicdey private msg quote post Address this user
Is this now on Netflix?
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicdey
Is this now on Netflix?

Not yet, they released a few episodes to select folks for review
Post 28 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I think the 17th is the official release date on Netflix.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
Don't think we'll be getting more than one season of Luke cage or iron fist. Don't be surprised if they keep those two on the defenders and have them show
up as regulars in the other two series.

Luke Cage was ok but didn't do nearly as well as they hoped and Iron Fist has been getting bad press almost since the beggining. I'd bet money we won't get more than another season of Jessica jones either if season two doesn't do as well as season 1
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkga ok I take it back. Gave episodes 2,3,4 a chance and I'm hooked now lol
Post 31 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
That's usually how it works. Just like Legion. People didn't like the first episode and stopped watching it. Now... I love it!
Post 32 IP   flag post
I'm hooked on Legion too.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I've found most movie reviews over the years to be just as much fake news as CNN.

Forget fake reviews... How about a fake REVIEWER?
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=104376
Post 34 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Legion is amazing. That blonde is gorgeous. Her and Delores from Westworld are two of the most stunning blondes I've ever seen in a long time.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
I watched the first two episodes. I can't possibly watch a third.

For a show that takes itself seriously,it's waaaayyyy too cheesy.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
oh noes

Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics

I was hoping for that "asian martial arts film" type cheezyness. Here's hoping you're referring to that type, I havent gotten into it yet 😁
Post 38 IP   flag post
I think he's confusing the inner workings of a schizophrenic mind as cheesyness. Legion definitely is not cheesy. Well, that chase/fight scene in the last 30 seconds of the pilot maybe.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I liked the 1st episode. The bad guy father and son thing manifesting in the 2nd episode is kind of hokey to me. There are elements I like and dislike like most of the Marvel Netflix shows.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics

I was hoping for that "asian martial arts film" type cheezyness. Here's hoping you're referring to that type, I havent gotten into it yet 😁

The martial arts fighting is fine.

The acting is the problem. The only two people who seem believable are the homeless guy that ODs, and the girl who runs the dojo. Everyone else is an over-the-top caricature.

The fight scenes are fun, but not enough to keep me watching.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I am liking it 5 episodes in. It is definitely very B movie esque. The woman who runs the dojo is awesome.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector sugarman private msg quote post Address this user
people seem to be overly critical.. this is a 13-episode Netflix series presented all at once, of a comic book character. what do you expect? there is only so much they can do. it's all a mindless diversion anyway. have low expectations, you won't be disappointed then.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarman
people seem to be overly critical.. this is a 13-episode Netflix series presented all at once, of a comic book character. what do you expect? there is only so much they can do. it's all a mindless diversion anyway. have low expectations, you won't be disappointed then.

I thought Jessica Jones was excellent. DareDevil held promise until the writing went awry. I haven't seen Luke Cage.

If you're going to be cheesy, then own it. Hudson Hawk and Princess Bride are both great movies.

This show strives for drama, and I believe with slightly better writing and directing it can achieve it. There's meat on the bones, but I can't sit through all the gristle to enjoy it.

This is just my two cents. If you like it, all the power to you.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I binge watched Jessica Jones last weekend and loved it, haven't watched any of the others yet.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector sugarman private msg quote post Address this user
@OrbitCityComics

i don't disagree. i just think people are taking these things too seriously. i've seen some of the reviews from the big papers and they are totally trashing Iron Fist.

i thought that all the Marvel Netflix series have been fine. one can always find fault or pick away at things. the first daredevil series it thought D'Onofrio was magnificent as the kingpin. i didn't like as much the second series. jessica jones was great. David Tennant was a great villain. i think that's what these two series had more than dardevil 2, Luke Cage and Iron fist, a fantastic villain/actor ..

in contrast, daredevil 2 seemed to me to take on too much, too many characters at once and trying to do too many things. where Cage's villain Diamondback wasn't the best imo, and Iron Fist didn't have a primary villain....

having said all that, these were all fine for what they were. bringing comic book characters we all love to life. it's fantastic what is happening .. i try and look at the big picture.
Post 46 IP   flag post
3 episodes in, this show is AWESOME.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
3 episodes in, this show is AWESOME.

Episode 6 is great.
Post 48 IP   flag post

Post 49 IP   flag post
The first 4 episodes are are real slow burn.

Episode 5 got good half way through.

Episode 6 was directed by The RZA. And not surprisingly, the best episode so far.

I'm currently on episode 7.
Post 50 IP   flag post
my wife burned through them all in 2 days. she said it's really good. her humor and tastes overall are really dry too.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Comicdey private msg quote post Address this user
I watched episode 1 and part of 2.

I'll watch more just to see where they take it but I'm not expecting them to get any awards
Post 52 IP   flag post
Starting off with the slow orgin was not the best idea, but once through it I think the show has been great. Havent gotten to 7 yet, good to know its something to look forward to!
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Starting off with the slow orgin was not the best idea, but once through it I think the show has been great. Havent gotten to 7 yet, good to know its something to look forward to!

Yah, the origin is cliche and dull and not done very well, but Danny's relationship w/his father has some significance later on.
Post 54 IP   flag post
They should have had The RZA direct every episode.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601244 87 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?