Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeQuestions

Batman #1 WB VIP Studio Tour - Questions2301

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone explain to me why CBCS and CGC both label this book the way they do?

Batman Exhibit #nn

Why can't they just label this as Batman #1 WB VIP Studio Tour Reprint, or you know, any variation of such that actually makes some sense?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Bumper music
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed! It is clearly numbered. It should be similarly labeled like the golden record reprints imo.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Any input from @SteveRicketts would be appreciated.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Bump
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
That is very odd. As @Chubbyfresh77 mentioned it should be labeled similarly to the GRR or like the BA12 Fan Expo reprints

I'm curious regarding the logic on this one.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I have a feeling it might be due to the Indicia information. I have one I'm about to send in for grading. I'll check my copy when I get home from work to see what it says.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The Indicia just says "The Batman Exhibit."

I think this was an oversight by someone at DC.

This is a case where some common sense should override standard operating procedured.

Can we please get the official label for this book fixed? It is clearly a reprint of Batman (vol.2) #1 and not a stand alone book.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Chubbyfresh77 private msg quote post Address this user
I have one going in in a month or so as well...would appreciate a label that represents what the book actually is.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
In regards to the Batman Exhibit label, I would argue that both CGC and CBCS are correctly labeling this book. The title, as stated in the indicia, and verified by DarthLego, is "The Batman Exhibit". If you go to Grand Comics db, they do not list this comic with the reprints of Batman (2011) #1. It is listed separately. DC decided to name it, not CGC nor CBCS.

I would be interested in knowing if they changed anything in the interior. Mainly, are the ads the same?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Interior advertising is different. They removed the advertising pages that interupted the story pages. At the end of the story pages is a two page piece of Batman art with a short blurb about Batman's creator that I think wasn't in the original (I'm not going to flip through it again to double check). There's also some new advertising at the end for a bunch of Batman TPBs that is not in the original.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I do understant that CGC and CBCS are "properly" labeling it according to the Indicia that DC put on it. And under 99.99% of circumstances that would make perfect sense and wouldn't cause any issues or concern.

BUT

My argument is: Someone at DC is a bonehead!

And the comic collecting community shouldn't get stuck with an erroneous looking label just because someone at DC is a bonehead!

The book absolutely is a reprinting of Batman vol.2 #1 with a special variant cover. Regardless of the Indicia, that is what this book is.
Post 12 IP   flag post
598012 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?