Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Modern AgeQuestions

Marvel Graphic Novel #4 6th Printing Ver.22298

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
So this is Marvel Graphic Novel #4 and a second version of the 6th printing with a cover by Adam Hughes.
MGN4 is, of course, the first New Mutants.

Does anyone have any additional information on this book?? Moreover, any for sale?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
I can't find any on sale on ebay!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
I can't find any on sale on ebay!

I've been looking, it's truly a ghost. I looked at so many online retailers' catalogues and have yet to find a copy
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@JLS_Comics I found one for $50 listed as 3.5

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=750741
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@JLS_Comics I found one for $50 listed as 3.5

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=750741

Thanks! That's got to be the only copy on all of the internet lol
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-GN-1982-Marvel-6th-Printing-Variant-1-REP-VG-3-5/361915397654?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D7dcca9cf8fc54659ac9f4861adfbb772%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D252686961887
Post 6 IP   flag post
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Mutants-GN-1982-Marvel-6th-Printing-Variant-1-REP-VG-3-5-/361915397654?hash=item5443d6b616:g:6NoAAOSw4A5YtHgu
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Are those 3 separate 3.5 copies, or did MCS list one book three times? Inquiring minds...
Post 8 IP   flag post
amounts between Ebay and MCS are different so I would guess different but could be the same item.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
MCS could have raised the price for ebay to pay their fees thats why its cheaper on their site. Everyone hates fees
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRig
MCS could have raised the price for ebay to pay their fees thats why its cheaper on their site. Everyone hates fees

MCS lists for higher on eBay to cover the eBay fees. If they sell through eBay, they pay eBay their fees, since eBay brought them the customer.

Same book.

I suspect people who collect fees don't hate them.

Quote:
Are those 3 separate 3.5 copies, or did MCS list one book three times? Inquiring minds...

That's one book. The "two" eBay listings posted are the same listing. Check the item number.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:

MCS lists for higher on eBay to cover the eBay fees. If they sell through eBay, they pay eBay their fees, since eBay brought them the customer.

Same book.

Quote:

That's one book. The "two" eBay listings posted are the same listing. Check the item number.

Also, when MCS posts on eBay they usually offer "free shipping." So the eBay price is basically the price you can buy it for directly from their website, plus the shipping and eBay fees added in. In other words, buy direct.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:

Same book.

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, would you accuse them of stealing from eBay if they sell a book from their site that is also listed on eBay? Wouldn't they be using ebay to advertise their books for free?
Post 13 IP   flag post
597891 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?