Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSigning Opportunities

Convention question227

Collector Jamiemadrox private msg quote post Address this user
I am planning on bringing books to be signed by artists attending the convention (in this case, MegaCon) and I have a couple questions...1) are there forms I fill out before-hand from CBCS? 2) if I am planning on picking them up from the CBC office, there would be no shipping charges whatsoever, correct? and 3) do conventions charge for attendees bringing in their books???
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
1) You can fill out a submission form online, print it off, and submit it with your books.

2) There are no shipping charges when you pick your books up in person, but I believe you have to call ahead of time to arrange a time to pick them up.

3) You are not charged to bring your books in to a show, but you do have to pay an admission fee to get into the show and you may have to pay a fee to the creator who is signing your books. Some creators are free, some charge a signing fee, and some ask for donations.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Jamiemadrox private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the information! I fully expected to pay a donation or fee for the signatures themselves as well as the admission fee. Just didn't know if the conventions would nickel and dime me for bringing in books.

I will definitely look into filling out the submission forms prior to the convention. Seems like it would make sense to do so.
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If you aren't able to fill out a submission form online, they will have submission forms at the show.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
If you pick up at the CBCS offices, they do charge a $5.00 fee.
Post 5 IP   flag post
596782 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?