Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS GradedCBCS Original Art Program OAPQuestions

OA Slabs223

Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
@RyanHicks Excellent!! Thank you for the help.
Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpiercy
I notice there is no issue info/details on the newer ART labels. Any reason for this? Thanks.

I believe it is because when it is submitted as ART, the issue is not really supposed to matter, the focus is supposed to purely be on the art itself. I actually do wish they would put some more info on it (even though i understand why they don't) because i think the ART labels look a little too plain for my taste. If my blank was in excellent shape, i would rather submit for potential 9.8 grading over ART label because of this.

Thanks for the observation, guys. I wanted to comment but have been so busy all day I didn't have a chance to give it the attention I thought it deserved.

The Original Art program was designed to showcase artwork. Some is on a comic book, some on paper, some on backing boards, etc. When the program launched, we processed everything through the system as if it were a normal submission.

We talked to many customers over the next several months, who expressed the concern that by putting information about the comic, we were taking focus away from the artwork. No matter what the artwork was on, they felt there needed to be consistency in the labeling for the OA program.

When our new website was being developed, we took these suggestions into consideration and chose to put the focus completely on the artwork and signatures, which was what we wanted to do with the OA program from the beginning. It was at this point that the format on the OA labels was changed to the format it is currently in.

Long story, short, is it a graded book, or is it original artwork?
It's original artwork.

Thanks again for bringing this up and allowing me the opportunity to explain the transition. We appreciate your support.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the explanation @SteveRicketts. Would CBCS consider allowing a submitter to request having the info added to ART slabs? I have submitted quite a few slabs for ART and while i do agree on having the focus be on the ART, the ART labels look a little too plain for my taste so for that reason alone it makes me consider it for grading first just because i don't like the look of the plain labels.

Additionally, very often notes about the book contribute to why we get certain sketches on certain blanks (for example: ASM Renew Your Vows #1 is "Death of Venom" so that is a nice note to display when the art is venom on a Renew Your Vows #1 Blank).

Also, I have gotten Sketches done on certain blanks before and then had all the other creators that had to do with that particular book all sign the cover as well; without any kind of notes, it makes those extra signatures very odd and out of place considering they had nothing to do with the sketch.

Just some thoughts to consider that I know are on a lot of peoples minds about the change. Thanks
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Nino_013 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes I for one would still like to retain the book's info on the labels with the ART designation..
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Not mine, but I wanted to share how awesome this is, and how expensive it is listed at:

Harley Quinn Suicide Squad DK3 #1 CGC SS 9.8 painted sketch cover by Frank Kadar

Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Double-posted for some reason. Crooked Chrome.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Whitedragon private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for the God awful pic but I wanted to join the club.

Love the ART program. Thank you to the CBCS crew for fitting this in the slab!

cheers

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Brian private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie
Not mine, but I wanted to share how awesome this is, and how expensive it is listed at:

Harley Quinn Suicide Squad DK3 #1 CGC SS 9.8 painted sketch cover by Frank Kadar

Awesome artwork however wonder if anyone is gonna drop that cash on a book that is encased so offcenter its not even funny?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Not to mention it will develop waves and be ruined in a few weeks.
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Not only off center and waves, but I shutter to think of what color transfer damage will occur over time to that ink. Someone needs to rescue it from that case before it's destroyed forever.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Mathyus_42 private msg quote post Address this user
Holy crap, that is some beautiful work. I feel so bad that it is set in that case.
Post 36 IP   flag post
600772 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?