Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

Collector cseale0223 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this

Post 201 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
I'll probably never get this one graded but it's one of my favorite covers so I grabbed it during a lcs sale. I 'm hoping with a clean and press I could hit a 7.5 or so raw.

Post 202 IP   flag post
Collector Noodlez private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping the Spawn goes up with the whole movie speculation thing...

Post 203 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
I'll probably never get this one graded but it's one of my favorite covers so I grabbed it during a lcs sale. I 'm hoping with a clean and press I could hit a 7.5 or so raw.

I've always liked that cover. I just grabbed 2 copies. I'm thinking about sending one in for grading. I think one could wind up mid 9's. I've wondered if we will see her in a movie soon. wouldn't be too hard to do since the hulk is already so established.
Post 204 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
the spawn 1 would be significantly worth more if it were a newsstand edition
Post 205 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
With an ugly barcode covering that artwork.
Post 206 IP   flag post
Do you think the NM 98 CBCS 9.2 is worth keeping or trading away towards something else like a sketch cover or ASM 300?
Post 207 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

What do you think the Spawn could sell for?
Post 208 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
$100 for direct edition. Newsstands are $200.
Post 209 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
$100 for direct edition. Newsstands are $200.

Really?! I need to go review my collection. I have like at least 2 copies. Not sure if newsstand.

How is that price justified? Those early Image books, Spawn particularly, sold in the millions and that was in the heyday of speculation, so I can only assume a good chunk of those books were bagged and boarded and never read.

High grade copies should be as common as dirt shouldn't they? What am I missing?
Post 210 IP   flag post
Justified by current "Sold" completed auctions on ebay, local window display copies in mall comic book stores here. Facebook trading groups and raffle pages.

@kaptainmyke's short box facts #1 That's what I go by and I take an average of all 4 groups and say that's the market price of any given product I'm trying to research and gauge.

Lastly I'll look it up in the GPA index too
Post 211 IP   flag post
9.8's have sold that high because people are numbers chasing.
Post 212 IP   flag post
I settled for a 9.6 direct edition and I'm happy.
Post 213 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Justified by current "Sold" completed auctions on ebay, local window display copies in mall comic book stores here. Facebook trading groups and raffle pages.

@kaptainmyke's short box facts #1 That's what I go by and I take an average of all 4 groups and say that's the market price of any given product I'm trying to research and gauge.

Lastly I'll look it up in the GPA index too

Yeah. My question was more hypothetical. Didn't mean to call your pricing into question. My gocollect search confirmed the price. I am just amazed that such a common book can get that level of interest.
Post 214 IP   flag post
What's even more amazing is it's cheaper to just buy a few good raw copies and roll the dice on grading, copies are not hard to find. Yet people still pay up rather than doing the leg work themselves. But that pretty describes everything on earth, those willing to do the leg work profit from those who don't.
Post 215 IP   flag post
Collector jdangerc private msg quote post Address this user
I just went the expensive way and got this. Cost doesn't hurt as much, when it's a comic you love.
Post 216 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I've got a signed copy that'll be heading for a red label one of these days
Post 217 IP   flag post
I have 2 (1 direct, 1 newsstand) getting signed with yellow labels soon. I rolled the dice on ebay. I think after pressing at best I might get a 9.2 but it's okay I don't care I've been chasing Todd's signature for a while now.
Post 218 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

$26. How'd I do?
Post 219 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this one in the Mail. Pretty happy CBCS 9.0

Post 220 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Picked all these guys up today! Apologies if you've already seen one of these photos!

Post 221 IP   flag post

Post 222 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@AndyRexia Real nice book.
Post 223 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips thank you. Been wanting a copy for a while. There are nicer copies out there but this one is all mine.
Post 224 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 225 IP   flag post

Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector LeeK private msg quote post Address this user

I love 50s books - I couldn't pass on this for the price
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Picked this copy of ASM #298 up off Amazon for $18. Not the nicest copy but research on this forum and a few others lead me to believe that the Todd McFarlane signature on the 1st page is legit. Debating whether it's worth getting pressed and graded with sig verification.

Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Picked this copy of ASM #298 up off Amazon for $18. Not the nicest copy but research on this forum and a few others lead me to believe that the Todd McFarlane signature on the 1st page is legit.

Stuff like this makes me want to go back through some boxes! Awesome find!
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Won on auctions last week.
Post 230 IP   flag post
597955 999 30