Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 76 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 77 IP   flag post

Post 78 IP   flag post
Last one:

Post 79 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
What a nice batch of books. I'm green with envy.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Man I love that FF39 and the DD5.
Post 81 IP   flag post
@Foghorn_Sam - thanks, Sam. I'm sure you have a lot of books that I would be envious of too.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 83 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Heavy Metal #281 signed by everyone

Post 84 IP   flag post
Some prints I picked up today at a con.

And one piece of OA

Post 85 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
My quest is complete!!!

Well, one of them is anyways. My favorite superhero is Captain America (the original Steve Rogers). My favorite mini series Cap story is Captain America: The Chosen. Through a friend that I met through CBCS, I was able to get David Morrell, the author, to sign my hardcover edition (plus more comics and a few books). All I needed then was to get Mitch Breitweiser to sign it. I was able to get it to Mitch and I just got it back from him today!! Not only did he sign it, but he remarked a Cap on the front leaf AND he sent me a watercolor Cap!! I will be getting the Cap matted and framed and hung on my wall in a few months!!

I hope you enjoy!!

Post 86 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful and stunning
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O
That's fantastic. Congratulations.
Post 88 IP   flag post
That water color is awesome.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

So it arrived safely. I'm glad you like it! Thanks again.
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:

What's shocking to me is the package was ripped, torn, and wet! The entire label and bottom of package was soaked from rain! Thankfully, the contents inside were safe. Thank you
Post 91 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:

What's shocking to me is the package was ripped, torn, and wet! The entire label and bottom of package was soaked from rain! Thankfully, the contents inside were safe. Thank you

What!?! They just left it on the porch on a rainy day? I'm glad that it survived the ordeal!
Post 92 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I got these in last week finally getting them scanned for my registry sets.

Post 93 IP   flag post
My porch has an overhang. I think the post office just sucks more often than not LOL
Post 94 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
My porch, as well as my gut, has an overhang.
Post 95 IP   flag post

Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector rckstr1253 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got today. The static #1 I found in the 10cent box at my local comic shop. The atomic mouse just had awesome artwork.

Post 97 IP   flag post
DOOD! I remember the dc milestone books!
Post 98 IP   flag post
I've been trying to get a nice copy if this at a good price for a while. Found a great deal on this and had to grab it. I'll be dropping off for grading at my next con.

Post 99 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Foghorn_Sam private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked up this raw beauty at a local con this past weekend. The colors and cover gloss are just fantastic, but it has enough small defects to probably put it in the 7.0 area.

Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
I've been trying to get a nice copy if this at a good price for a while. Found a great deal on this and had to grab it. I'll be dropping off for grading at my next con.

That is ome of my favorite late Bronze age books. I have 5 of those beauties. 1 of the 5 is a newsstand copy. All in the 9.0+ range. Only one direct copy is graded. CBCS 9.6 pre rivet holder.I am hanging onto those beauties for awhile.
Post 101 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips
I've been after one for a while. I think this will grade in the 9.2 / 9.4 range (looks rougher in the pic than it actually is) and I got it for $15. I'm keeping my eye open for more copies.
Post 102 IP   flag post
@VaComicsGuy That is a good price. Nice find.
Post 103 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips
Thanks. For that price, I thought it would be missing pages or have some major defects but I got lucky. I'm considering picking up the other She Hulk #1's and some of the variants of this cover. So far, most of them are reasonably priced. Now if I can only figure out how to get my hands on a TEC 27.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
@BrianGreensnips
Thanks. For that price, I thought it would be missing pages or have some major defects but I got lucky. I'm considering picking up the other She Hulk #1's and some of the variants of this cover. So far, most of them are reasonably priced. Now if I can only figure out how to get my hands on a TEC 27.
That would be nice. Heck, I would settle for a Batman #1 too.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601333 999 30