COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 901 IP   flag post
My favorite war cover.

Post 902 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user

Post 903 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user

I actually bought something this past weekend. They were $3 each.
Post 904 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Tomb of Dracula 12 - 2nd Blade

This is what 9.0? maybe better (also maybe 8.5) not bad either way for $15!!

Post 905 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This arrived in today's mail. Bought it last Friday on ebay using the 20% off coupon. Can't believe it got here so fast.

Post 906 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that WAS fast!
Post 907 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user

This was my 20% off eBay prize, arrived yesterday.
Post 908 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
This one blew my mind. I have about 3-4 of these and I really scoured the books before choosing which one to submit. When I saw the graders notes I was kicking myself for not seeing the flaws they listed, but now that I have it back I still can’t see all the flaws they listed; I’ll keep looking. Honestly disappointed in this. I usually under grade my books so this was just a gut punch. The book’s a dime a dozen; just wanted Keith’s signature on a 9.8:

Interesting label though. I’ve seen CGC labels that call this first appearance of Maxx, but cbcs doesn’t list that on the label.

I have beautiful one owner copies of this Poly-Bagged book that are super strong 9.8 candidates.

Post 909 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Love those Sgt Rock's!
Post 910 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Finally picked this up after months of searching. I wasn’t looking for it graded but the seller had a 30% discount and I bought it on the day ebay had their 20% off sale so I had to pull the trigger

Post 911 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Congrats! I put this on my want list all over town after you sent me your Darkness want list. Should I keep a lookout for another copy, or are you good?
Post 912 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@BabaLament I’m good now. Thank you!
Post 913 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This comic arrived in the mail today. I purchased it on March 3rd using a 15% off on $75 promotion. It survived its trip from Florida, but I was not impressed by the packaging, the time it took to arrive, or the communication with the seller. Would you leave negative feedback, or just not leave any feedback?

Post 914 IP   flag post
If the book is alright and what you thought you would get. I would just not leave any feedback at all.

I had a similar situation a few weeks ago and what I did was sent a message to the seller telling him what I thought he/they did poorly. But I did not leave any feedback at all.

I have a lot of Xmen, but it has been a long time since I have seen that particular issue. I don't have it any more.
Post 915 IP   flag post
I'd say since the book is undamaged don't leave any feedback, though I agree with @conditionfreak said, if you feel that strongly about the experience I would message the seller detailing the negatives and move on. Book looks great BTW, that one's still on my hit-list.
Post 916 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak, @JustABitEvil - The book is as described and did not get damaged, so I don't want to leave negative feedback. But I was never even notified when the book was shipped, I had to email and ask the seller if he had shipped it yet. And the packaging was bad - a giant-sized box half-filled with the slab and scraps of cardboard and bubble wrap (that were not taped around the book, just thrown in the box). Then on the back side of the slab, there was a price sticker that had a price lower than the one he listed the book for (thank you coupon). Its too bad, because this dealer has about another dozen books on my watch list, but I don't think I would use him again.
Post 917 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Then on the back side of the slab, there was a price sticker that had a price lower than the one he listed the book for (thank you coupon.

Not sure I see anything wrong with that. If dealer sells in store he does not have to pay eBay or PayPal fees,only card fees unless paid cash.
Post 918 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
got these in the mail today and yesterday...very pleased

Post 919 IP   flag post
Collector Mrfitch77 private msg quote post Address this user

Nothing to write home about. But i really like the cover.
Post 920 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Got this one today. Nothing like 50's romance comics: Dissing your partner, spanking and headlights.

Post 921 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
received this one today. took the better of a year to get done but worth the wait.

Post 922 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher

All great books but I really like this one.
Post 923 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Sagii The spanking was interesting.
Post 924 IP   flag post
Collector SpeedforceKJ private msg quote post Address this user
My haul from MCM Birmingham today

Met David Finch as well and had some books signed.

Post 925 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher

All great books but I really like this one.

Thanks!
Post 926 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Jacob - it’s in Cranston on Atwood Avenue.

Just realized I went to this place last Saturday. Was hitting up shops in the providence area looking for moon girl 28s (found two on the day, both at the time vault). This was an odd little shop, guy mainly does back issues, doesn't do new issues except for pull lists. Small space filled with boxes of comics, he was in the process of moving some books from his warehouse.

I was with my young son, so I couldn't stay long, but the shop's got a lot of untapped inventory from the looks of it. Hoping to get back soon to rummage through some boxes when I have some free hours.
Post 927 IP   flag post
Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Weird little purchase for me. I bought them to see what EC stories they had reprinted.

The one with Moon Girl actually on the cover only reprints the Moon Girl #5 cover. That one book is all prose writing and has an original Moon Girl story. The other reprint various EC stories in B&W. I assume the publisher thought they were public domain. Avon and other publishers are represented inside also.
Post 928 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Jacob - it’s in Cranston on Atwood Avenue.

Just realized I went to this place last Saturday. Was hitting up shops in the providence area looking for moon girl 28s (found two on the day, both at the time vault). This was an odd little shop, guy mainly does back issues, doesn't do new issues except for pull lists. Small space filled with boxes of comics, he was in the process of moving some books from his warehouse.

I was with my young son, so I couldn't stay long, but the shop's got a lot of untapped inventory from the looks of it. Hoping to get back soon to rummage through some boxes when I have some free hours.

The guy will talk to you for days. I basically looked over the wall books and asked about a few things. If you ask prices, he looks them up on-line using ebay sold prices and other sources.
Post 929 IP   flag post

Got my order from @TrinityComics back today, this is my first Stan Lee yellow label. I was surprised at the grade, I had this one pegged at a 6.0.
Post 930 IP   flag post
597875 999 30