CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
@AndyRexia Thanks! I commissioned this late Nov last year, and its completion was just about right on time (was told Late Feb- Not focusing on the calendar really helps make the pages turn).

Be happy I didn't ask for it to be inked lol

Same here. I believe November 27th was the day I paid. I did reach out to his rep and he said Frenz has the flu and was out of commission (see what I did there?) for a week and a half. Maybe mine will be done soon! Again, you have a great piece there.

That explains why he apologized "for the delays" when I thanked him. I assured him that, since I was told by the end of Feb and that was only a couple days ago, that's a bulls-eye in today's world.

And I'm sure many here would agree with that.
Post 851 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Just read The Terrifics #1 by Reis and Lamire. It was pretty good. It also had an introduction story for a character named Brimstone. The cover is wacky though. I would recommend it. Also got done reading the second issue of Damage. It was also pretty good.

Post 852 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
My first TMNT

Post 853 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Nice, @poka. I still have to slab mine. If it doesn't get a 9.6 I'll sell it & put the money towards a 9.8.
Post 854 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
A few pick ups today.

The Witching Hour #40. Those black covers! Hardly a flaw on this bad boy. Had to buy it on the cover alone.

Movie hype. Figured what the heck I’ll grab one just in case.

Tryin to get a complete run of the Living Mummy issues in mid/high grade. Nice looking book.
Post 855 IP   flag post

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Ron Frenz finished my commission (I collect Hulk vs Thing commissions), and will be sending it soon. He sent this scan, showing he absolutely NAILED it! Exactly what I described for him!

Ive always liked Ron Frenz's work a lot. Ron is one of the most overlooked and unappreciated Artist is the hobby. Beautiful piece you have. Oh.... and just so you know.... HULK smash little rock man into itsy bitsy pieces.
Post 856 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@AndyRexia Thanks! I commissioned this late Nov last year, and its completion was just about right on time (was told Late Feb- Not focusing on the calendar really helps make the pages turn).

Be happy I didn't ask for it to be inked lol

Same here. I believe November 27th was the day I paid. I did reach out to his rep and he said Frenz has the flu and was out of commission (see what I did there?) for a week and a half. Maybe mine will be done soon! Again, you have a great piece there.

That explains why he apologized "for the delays" when I thanked him. I assured him that, since I was told by the end of Feb and that was only a couple days ago, that's a bulls-eye in today's world.

And I'm sure many here would agree with that.

Did you get an email notification. When it shipped or did it just show up one day?
Post 857 IP   flag post
Quote:

Did you get an email notification. When it shipped or did it just show up one day?

If it's done the same way every time, his Rep with email you when RF informs him, RF will send it to his Rep, and his Rep will send it to you.

The extra shipping step is unfortunate, but I'm sure RF doesn't want to be burdened with keeping track of all those details as I'm sure he's busy enough with the commissions as it is.
Post 858 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Ron Frenz finished my commission (I collect Hulk vs Thing commissions), and will be sending it soon. He sent this scan, showing he absolutely NAILED it! Exactly what I described for him!

Ive always liked Ron Frenz's work a lot. Ron is one of the most overlooked and unappreciated Artist is the hobby. Beautiful piece you have. Oh.... and just so you know.... HULK smash little rock man into itsy bitsy pieces.

Yep- That's why the Torch is calling for backup.

Johnny Storm: Damn! Ben thinks he's stronger than the Hulk again!"
Post 859 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I don't often share my new purchases, but this time I'm stoked!! I bought a mixed lot of comics for CHEAP!! It was 8 comics plus a cloth "comic" from the early 1900's. Here are the gems and the cloth "comic". I haven't closely inspected and counted pages yet, but these are some of the nicest and cleanest examples of these titles that I've seen. I'm sure others have seen better, but for me, this is a treat!!

I also received another small 3 book lot of ARRGH! comics that I bought mostly for #3, the Bigfoot cover. I LOVE Bigfoot covers!!

Post 860 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Another one checked off my want list. Thanks to huskershawn.

Post 861 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
It took about a week, but I received a small package from across the pond today. Thanks to @Redshade, I my X-Men collection now includes three Pence copies.

Post 862 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 863 IP   flag post

Post 864 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Arrived today, looks fantastic; cannot wait for the Carnage version of this cover!

Post 865 IP   flag post
Some years ago I bought an affordable short run of Fantasy Masterpieces/Marvel Superheroes #6-#11/#12-#20- minus #18 which, of course, is what made the run affordable.
I stupidly let 2 films come and go, so with Infinity Wars finally coming out, I figure another slight bump may happen. Finding this below GPA's 12 mo avg was too tempting to let go.

And my HOS92 came in, exactly as the scans showed- No surprises, so I'm smiling today 2 more 'warm' books I no longer have to worry about.

Post 866 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my November submissions back.

Last in the series. Was expecting a 9.6:

One of my favorite covers from the 90s. I can barely see Sam kieth’s signature on this one:

Post 867 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
This one blew my mind. I have about 3-4 of these and I really scoured the books before choosing which one to submit. When I saw the graders notes I was kicking myself for not seeing the flaws they listed, but now that I have it back I still can’t see all the flaws they listed; I’ll keep looking. Honestly disappointed in this. I usually under grade my books so this was just a gut punch. The book’s a dime a dozen; just wanted Keith’s signature on a 9.8:

Interesting label though. I’ve seen CGC labels that call this first appearance of Maxx, but cbcs doesn’t list that on the label.
Post 868 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Picked these up the last couple of weeks(BA12 courtesy of Darkga)

I've got it in me for one more book...so if you could choose between any of these 4 below...let me know which is the best pick long term

Post 869 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
Of those four. Star Wars.
Post 870 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
Of those four. Star Wars.

really? that was my least expected response...interesting...i thought Id get laughed at for adding it, but I don't own one and its cheaper than the the Gaines file copy and the super hot x-23
Post 871 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Star Wars or X-Men 101.
Post 872 IP   flag post
let me throw it up on a separate post because the auction ends tonight for 3 of these
Post 873 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
let me throw it up on a separate post because the auction ends tonight for 3 of these

Thanks for tip
Kidding.
Post 874 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for tip
Kidding.

hahaha..go for it...it'll make my decisions easier if someone outbids me
Post 875 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
My Ron Frenz Spidey commission arrived today. I like it.

Post 876 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in the mail!!

Having diner with Mr. Steranko in June - might get this signed!!

not a fan of the back cover - going to hurt the grade - black covers!!! why????

Post 877 IP   flag post
just grabbed these at my LCS...had to get the 10 because I will never own a 10 otherwise (and it's an old label which is cool)

Post 878 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Awesome! How much did that cost? It seems like any 10.0 is immediately overpriced, which is why if I ever win the lottery and get a 10, I’m flipping it and getting a 9.8 or 9.6 of the same book and pocketing the extra hundreds of dollars
Post 879 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

Awesome! How much did that cost? It seems like any 10.0 is immediately overpriced, which is why if I ever win the lottery and get a 10, I’m flipping it and getting a 9.8 or 9.6 of the same book and pocketing the extra hundreds of dollars

But you won the lottery
Post 880 IP   flag post
598077 999 30