CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics she appears on the new Supergirl TV show
Post 726 IP   flag post
Another one bites the dust!

I’ve been on this 1-4 newsstand 9.8 run for years now. Only #3 is left to find...

Post 727 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 728 IP   flag post
@FrankCastle129 if you paid $5 for that book...
Post 729 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
Yup think I got screwed? 😉
Post 730 IP   flag post

Collector Silentstrider private msg quote post Address this user
Just got them back.

Post 731 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Another one bites the dust!

I’ve been on this 1-4 newsstand 9.8 run for years now. Only #3 is left to find...

Jacob - I am trying to get a 9.6 set graded by CBCS. I would have probably sold you my #2, because it’s too high a grade!
Post 732 IP   flag post
Lol well a 9.6 CBCS is usually equal to a 9.8 CGC anyways

At this point the three I have managed to find are all CGC; it would drive me nuts to put a different slab into slot #3
Post 733 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Lol well a 9.6 CBCS is usually equal to a 9.8 CGC anyways

At this point the three I have managed to find are all CGC; it would drive me nuts to put a different slab into slot #3

I will see if I can post my 9.6 CBCS Newsstand Editions set this weekend. At this point, I am satisfied with those grades, and I never had any of them pressed.
Post 734 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
I just got this in yesterday.

I love Mark Brooks' covers.

Post 735 IP   flag post
@esaravo even more impressive is that you kept them in such great shape all these years. Nothing wrong with 9.6s really, especially unpressed 🍺. I went on my NS 9.8 chase more to prove/see for myself how difficult it would be given how readily available the direct editions are in that grade. Same with the Jim Lee X#1 books, but I got lucky on year 3 findng a full graded set of those.
Post 736 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
not as nice as @esaravo's stuff but I was excited to get this inexpensive book in today because i didn't realize it's a bit more rare than others...nothing crazy..just neat ...had to settle for a 9.6 but thats ok
Post 737 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
When they publish Kirby collections, DC, IDW, and even Darkhorse have been pretty generous to Mike Royer by sending him up to 5 hard cover copies of whatever the book is.

Marvel usually sends him 2 or 3 soft cover copies when they publish collections.

I bought this half-ton monster from Mike a few weeks ago.

Post 738 IP   flag post
Since I completed #1-#200, I decided to expand my Avengers run to #300 simply because I had several issues in the 200's. I grabbed several FF's because they were there, and I'll probably start to focus on that title next now that I got an ASM #3. ASM #1 will have to wait until 1.0 prices are easier to deal with at once, hopefully by the end of the year, because for some reason I don't feel like doing time payments with anyone.
Plus a few misc books.

Anyway, I'll use smaller scans (mostly) because there's nothing special about most of them - just run fillers. Hopefully they'll post side to side.

Post 739 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

If you're not into pricy admission fees and standing in line for hours just to pay $50+ for someone's autograph, this is a nice inexpensive alternative.

Black Panther #1 signed by Evan Narcisse (Midtown Comics - cover price) and Avengers #12 signed by Jim Zub ($20 - ComicsHeatingUp.net, just about the going rate for this issue w/o signature these days).

Got a few Batman's signed by Tom King on the way as well...will post when they arrive.
Post 740 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user

Post 741 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II

I love the cover of Detective 880. It’s one of my favorites.
Post 742 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
Quote:

That's so true. It's a really twisted drawing that I almost want on my wall?
But then lol...
Post 743 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But then lol...

In true Kaptainmyke fashion I pulled out a copy of 'Tec 880 several months ago crammed in with a run of other Detectives...never knew I had it. Looks to be 9.4/9.6, but there a very light vertical scratch on the back cover that may knock the grade down (looks to be a manufacturing error). That and not caring for where Jock signs on Joker's chin (not that there's any place else to sign) kinda kept me from getting it signed and slabbed.
Post 744 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
That and not caring for where Jock signs on Joker's chin (not that there's any place else to sign) kinda kept me from getting it signed and slabbed.

I know this might sound like blasphemy, especially considering this is a grading and slabbing website forum lol, but I like having my copies raw.

I like slabbing them too, but I do enjoy being able to handle a signed book from time to time, especially if I was the lucky soul that got that sig
Post 745 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Vampirella by Chris Conidis. I saw this piece and fell in love, so I had to have it!

Post 746 IP   flag post

Just arrived from Bulletproof, a couple of Dell 'Otto exclusive covers; Dark Nights Metal #4 (virgin convention exclusive) and #5 (trade dress).

The Reverse "Yellow Death" Flash cover would look nice with a yellow label...
Post 747 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But then lol...

In true Kaptainmyke fashion I pulled out a copy of 'Tec 880 several months ago crammed in with a run of other Detectives...never knew I had it. Looks to be 9.4/9.6, but there a very light vertical scratch on the back cover that may knock the grade down (looks to be a manufacturing error). That and not caring for where Jock signs on Joker's chin (not that there's any place else to sign) kinda kept me from getting it signed and slabbed.

That’s what happened to me. I was about to buy one but found I already had it while looking through my boxes. I sent it in without pressing and it came back a 9.4 with “light stress lines to the cover”. I could probably get it pressed and regraded to get a higher grade.
Post 748 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know...only $15 might get 9.2-9.4 - batman who likes S&M??

back top corner looks worst in scan - tiny color break, other bit above it is ok - will press out if I ever sell
Post 749 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Now!!! for the Book that is waaayyy better than stupid S&M batman!!!

thanks @esaravo !! all 1-10 are great!!!

Mr. Chaykin is going to be in town...need to save my $$ and get a sketch??

Post 750 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user

I wanted to get all those covers signed on the same day for fun but Todd didn't want to sign the Spawn Thanks. Can't go into much details why but kinda PO but whatever. If anyone is interested in that asm 300 then send me an offer. I am not interested in that one anymore.
Post 751 IP   flag post
A couple Batman sets- I bought a 9.6-ish #404 from Flying Donut's $3 sale some years back. I have NO idea where it is- It's [i]possible]/i] I included it in a sale or as a freebie in a sale, so I had to get another just in case. It's not as nice though.

It would be nice if smaller images could post side to side.

Post 752 IP   flag post
Walt Simonson sigs. A couple Bob Wiacek's in there too.

Post 753 IP   flag post
An unfortunate upper corner ding is all this really suffers from

Post 754 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Walt Simonson sigs. A couple Bob Wiacek's in there too.

The Simmonsons are so damn nice. Walt was a bit of a foul-mouthed old man though. First time I met them, I kept my composure even though I was fangirling on the inside. I live in Texas so I don't often see the people from the East Coast like the Simmonsons. I must have dumped about $200+ in their charity bag. Had four sketches(one I had to close my eyes because I gave it to my friend) and they both signed like ton and ton and ton of stuff for my wife and I.
Post 755 IP   flag post
598069 999 30