Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O That HoS has a great cover!
Post 551 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Always nice to get a few comics under the tree šŸŽ„. My wife was too good to me. She doesnt care much about grades, so I dare not ask what she had to pay for these.

Iā€™d put them at 9.2 and 4.5, and will certainly enjoy them!

Some of my favorite comics in my collection are the ones my wife has bought me. It doesn't happen often which makes it that much more special to me.
Post 552 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Here it is at last. CBCS was kind enough to take a picture of it before shipping it back to me šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

Post 553 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Here it is at last. CBCS was kind enough to take a picture of it before shipping it back to me šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

Congratulations on making an appearance on the Featured Comics Page
Post 554 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a couple nice books for my ASM run

Post 555 IP   flag post

Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 Good afternoon sir! Looking at your ASM# 428 & wondering if you know which issue Doc Ock changed from the white suit/lab-coat to the green/yellow hazmat art design?
Post 556 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That's nice - I have a piece from Nodell and kind of like it in the little frame I have but looking at this I might have second thoughts
Post 557 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this in - was lazy - I have a signed version of this in similar condition (maybe 9.8) but was cheaper to buy this than send mine in!!

Ooooo also just got back from the Del Torro art exhibit - and one wonders why my kid had a problem getting to sleep that night!!

Post 558 IP   flag post
Collector seanw private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All

Picked these 2 up from my comic shop earlier this week after doing a pre-order with them:

Cheers
Sean
Post 559 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@BigRedOne1944 Good afternoon sir! Looking at your ASM# 428 & wondering if you know which issue Doc Ock changed from the white suit/lab-coat to the green/yellow hazmat art design?

Negative on the answer to the Doc Ock question. I really don't know.
Post 560 IP   flag post
Hi All

I also picked these up yesterday from a secondhand bookshop that also sells old comics. Chance upon this shop while my wife was doing some after Christmas shopping across the street. These cost me 50 cents each so I think they are a steal....

I picked them out from just the first box I was going through before my wife called me. Brought them home and put backing boards on them.

Cheers
Sean
Post 561 IP   flag post
@seanw I am so jealous about the Venom Inc. Alpha. My copy was DOA (See: Venom Dell'Otto Boom/Unknown Mess Thread) & I'm still waiting to hear if I'm getting a refund or if they're getting new/not-trashed copies.
Post 562 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabaLament
@seanw I am so jealous about the Venom Inc. Alpha. My copy was DOA (See: Venom Dell'Otto Boom/Unknown Mess Thread) & I'm still waiting to hear if I'm getting a refund or if they're getting new/not-trashed copies.

I had to wait awhile before I got my copy. Apparently the first one had some issues and it had to be returned. My comic shop does check all special orders before selling them.

Cheers
Sean
Post 563 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Two recent pickups. Sorry for the crappy pics. We moved and haven't set up our scanner yet.

yet.
Post 564 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this at the LCS on sale yesterday, it's on its way to Trinity Comics for their Stan Lee signing. This would be my first gold label, but I will now have Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, X-Men and Avengers all signed by The Man. I think I might try to hunt down a Kirby signed book.
Post 565 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user

This came in today's mail, this is the second time that I have owned this particular copy of this issue.

Kind of a cool story to this book...

About a year and change ago, I won this book along with 19 other books in a lot on eBay ...final bid was about $20 and shipping was $3 or $5.

The ebay seller was Sellmycomicbooks .

He just didn;t know what he had. It's worth noting that about half a year later, he listed and sold Rawhide Kid #17, a slabbed CGC 5.0 or thereabouts on ebay via auction.

Guess he wised up on the book.

Anyway, I put it in a box of "to be pressed" books shortly after, never got around to pressing it.Just sat in a box for 6+ months.

I took it with me to the Garden State Comic Fest, figured it'd be a nice wall book.

Mike Carbonaro bought it off of me for $125, he told me he thought the retail on it is $175.

Dunno how Anthony ended up with the book but I saw it last week and whammo...I snagged it at a low ass winning bid of $67, on Christmas day with an automated bid snipe.

The description only said "tape and staining"...with no back cover scan.

The "tape" is not tape at all, it is an old tape *stain*...and with no back cover scan with a short description...aaand it ending on Christmas, I got it on da cheap.

It is probably a 1.0 to 1.5, as is.

A press will yield a 1.5 to 1.8.

I'm going to clean it and press it tomorrow, along with a RK #24 (a 5.0, should press up to about 6.0, I already dry cleaned it)...and list 'em both on eBay afterwards.
Post 566 IP   flag post
Collector Arikhan private msg quote post Address this user
Turned 40 on the 29th of Dec. This was the gift my wife and family pitched in to surprise me with. Incredibly grateful because none of them are comic book people.

Post 567 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. That's quite a gift at 7.5. I'm looking to get a 4.0-5.0 later this year. Congrats.
Post 568 IP   flag post
Collector Arikhan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Wow. That's quite a gift at 7.5. I'm looking to get a 4.0-5.0 later this year. Congrats.

Thanks! I think so too. Seven different households pitched in to buy it. So I hope no one had put up too much money.
Post 569 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Arikhan That is a super cool 40th birthday present. Happy Birthday.
Post 570 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Bought these 2 at a comic book show about 2 weeks ago. These are my last 2 books purchased in 2017

Post 571 IP   flag post
Collector mr_brendo private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 just picked up 402 yesterday. always nice to fill in some gaps.
Post 572 IP   flag post
Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the books that just came back from last submission. These first two were bought, signed and submitted at Toronto Fan Expo.

These came from my personal collection. I think the Army of Darkness looks great and I was surprised by the grade

Post 573 IP   flag post
That Army of Darkness is pretty awesome!
Post 574 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
So this is the third Hulk 181 I've owned (I never seem to keep them more than a few months). It's a low grade, but it's got the MVS and best of all it's a Mark Jewelers variant.

Post 575 IP   flag post
Collector Silentstrider private msg quote post Address this user
Keep forgetting to posts these. Jeffery Moy Front/Back Covers.

Post 576 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this back from CBCS yesterday. Shout-out to Trinity for getting me the sig.

Overall I'm a little disappointed. It was a private signing at Boston Comicon...and Boston Comicon isn't even isn't even mentioned in the label. The details of the contents (e.g., reprints AF15, artists, etc) are all on the back of the label. The front of the label is practically blank. I'm not understanding why such information that normally is on the front was placed on the back. I plan on looking at some examples of this comic slabbed and other signature series as examples to see if this is routine...and maybe contacting CBCS about it if I find it's not.

I was also hoping Mr. Lee would sign with a blue marker which I identified in several places around the window for the signature. I even included a marker in hopes he would use it...but that was somewhat wishful hoping as I'm sure he's rushing through them as fast as he can...as evidenced by the sloppy signature.

Then there's the grade, I was hoping for a 9.0 or better. It's a really nice comic, corners perfect, no blunting or folds or "hanging chads"...lays flat and crisp color; however the few spine ticks around the staples and the horizontal "scratch" along the bottom killed it...mostly the scratch (probably an entire 1.0 hit). Was thinking being a newsprint reprint that came as an insert within a newspaper there would be a sliding scale for these types of defects. I even had it pressed to get the best grade possible. I knew a disappointing grade was a risk and actually searched for better copies on ebay, but could not acquire one in time for the signing...so I went with the one I had acquired myself as it adds something person too.

Overall if I'm stuck with it, I'll be content. I do want a comic with Mr. Lee's signature (what's a comic collection without one?) and it has to be AF #15...not interested in any others. May see if I can snag a better condition copy and if the opportunity presents itself try to do this again for a better result...then sell the one I don't want. May actually break even with the cost I put into it.

Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Asked Mr. Portacio what character he wanted to draw, and said Apocalypse, which is awesome because I love his work and Remender's Apoc Solution is epic.

Post 578 IP   flag post
New arrivals!

I have to give thanks to Lone Star Comics (www.mycomicshop.com). I've had a first edition first-printing set of "V for Vendetta" on my want list for a while. The e-mail came in a couple days ago, and they are beautiful.

Next up, a full set of "Ronin". I have to admit, not a huge fan of the story; but the art is so eye-catching, it's going to look great on the wall.

Finally, a pair of Dark Horse Aliens comics, the regular & platinum editions.

Post 579 IP   flag post
Collector mr_brendo private msg quote post Address this user

Picked these asm 692 variants up today. Pretty excited to add them to my collection.
Post 580 IP   flag post
601333 999 30