Collector X51 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC_II
Quote:
Mazz doesn't sign books. Nice.

Another d-bag creator who can't be bothered to do something nice for the fans that supported his work.

What's up with that? I don't know why they wont support. Which was why I got worried when Frank disappeared, i wanted both and I didn't think it was going to happen.

Another one I wish I had more of was Barry Windsor Smith

I don't, either. Unfortunately, a lot of collectors worship creators...oh, sure, they don't light candles in their shrines for them, but close enough...and put them on pedestals they have no business being on. And, sadly, some of those creators allow it to go to their heads.

If someone supported me and paid my bills by buying my work, I would be thrilled to sign it. That's how it works in the real world. Unfortunately, too much of comics is fantasy land, and when combined with addict behavior, you have a toxic mixture of people who will tolerate any bad behavior from creators and sellers, and then gladly slay you for touching their idols (i.e., "disrespecting" them in any way.)

Creators are human, just like everyone else, subject to the same flaws and foibles as everyone else, and also subject to criticism...just like everyone else.

In Mazz' and BWS' cases, they have a wildly unhealthy greed that tells them that no one should ever profit off of their work except them (and, you know, publishers, printers, retailers, distributors, etc.)...and that ESPECIALLY means fans who are the ultimate consumers of their effort.

So, they refuse to sign comics, because someone might sell them, and they don't think that's fair that someone should do what they want to do with their property. It's just simple greed. Does BWS reward me for the multiple copies of Weapon X and Archer & Armstrong I bought, thereby supporting him and his work...? Nope.

100% their right to refuse. 100% my right to criticize for it.

I've actually discovered that I was becoming hypercritical of creators due to all the bad experiences with them not simply doing what they say they will do. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that they are always trying to position themselves for their next work assignment while my work assignments are already lined up and processed within a very specific schedule. I've never had to juggle contracts to keep the income flowing. I show up and do my job and get a weekly paycheck. I know now to be disappointed if I deal with a creator before they even utter a word. I'm more likely to be upset with myself for expecting them to do what they say they will do. I think their intentions are good, but they have priorities that will never align with what I expect from them. One creator was going to locate some artwork for me to buy. He said "I'll Look for it when I get home." Three months later he hadn't looked or made any effort to give me feedback. A year later he finally shows up with the art and I buy it. I think a year is a little excessive when you say you'll do something that day. I still respect their talents.
Post 476 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I don't, either. Unfortunately, a lot of collectors worship creators...oh, sure, they don't light candles in their shrines for them, but close enough...and put them on pedestals they have no business being on. And, sadly, some of those creators allow it to go to their heads.

If someone supported me and paid my bills by buying my work, I would be thrilled to sign it. That's how it works in the real world. Unfortunately, too much of comics is fantasy land, and when combined with addict behavior, you have a toxic mixture of people who will tolerate any bad behavior from creators and sellers, and then gladly slay you for touching their idols (i.e., "disrespecting" them in any way.)

Creators are human, just like everyone else, subject to the same flaws and foibles as everyone else, and also subject to criticism...just like everyone else.

In Mazz' and BWS' cases, they have a wildly unhealthy greed that tells them that no one should ever profit off of their work except them (and, you know, publishers, printers, retailers, distributors, etc.)...and that ESPECIALLY means fans who are the ultimate consumers of their effort.

So, they refuse to sign comics, because someone might sell them, and they don't think that's fair that someone should do what they want to do with their property. It's just simple greed. Does BWS reward me for the multiple copies of Weapon X and Archer & Armstrong I bought, thereby supporting him and his work...? Nope.

100% their right to refuse. 100% my right to criticize for it.

Hm...

Trying to think of a way to formulate my thoughts.
I absolutely agree with you that you have every right to complain about it. I see some people jumped down your throat for having an opinion on here.

I see that is the growing trend of the internet. If you voice dissatisfaction with something, someone else will be quick to call you names and point out how wrong you are. You know who you are.

But in any case, this is the bloody irony about the whole thing...

To all the creators who obviously will never read this...

There is no money in it. None. Zero. Zero money.
If someone thinks that another person is going to make a living off of selling someone else's signature to other people... Then they have no idea how expensive it is to live.

Not even 'To get rich off of...', but just to LIVE. Impossible.

I'm certain many of us here have sold books before and I challenge anyone to argue otherwise.

Creators that refuse to do signings only hurt their fans and themselves.

If creators don't participate for any number of reasons... health, inability, or even just a lack of caring, fine, you're still a dick, but it brings me back to my original point. Only hurting themselves and the fans.
Post 477 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
Keeping an eye on this thread 👍🏻

Same here. Was going to throw my hat in the ring but thought better of it as we’ve had the same argument over and over again here on the creator subject.

For the record, I dont think @BigRedOne was trolling at all.

He wasn't trolling.

He was being a hypocrite

Insulting one creator for his poor signature style, then insulting someone else for them also having a negative view on creators.

Dunno... Sounds like a hypocrite to me.
Post 478 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Same here. Was going to throw my hat in the ring but thought better of it as we’ve had the same argument over and over again here on the creator subject.

He wasn't trolling.

He was being a hypocrite

Insulting one creator for his poor signature style, then insulting someone else for them also having a negative view on creators.

Let's just go with the "Dunno" part, because obviously you don't
Post 479 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He wasn't trolling.

He was being a hypocrite

Let's just go with the "Dunno" part, because obviously you don't

Don't be going with plausible deniability because now you just sound like a cheating spouse.

If you're referencing the dunno as a form of intellectual deficit, then I'd be more than happy to take you down a peg or two.

So as far as I can see, you're still a hypocrite. Your move.
Post 480 IP   flag post

Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Original art mail call. It's a Joe Rubinstein recreation of a Bullseye image he and Frank Miller did for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.

Original:

11x17 recreation:

Post 481 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Another haul for my collection - here we go!

Juggernaut

Post 482 IP   flag post
A nice mid-grade ASM

Post 483 IP   flag post
I have shown this before when I bought - but always nice to have in my hands - Newsstand!
Post 484 IP   flag post
I like this cover and Hulk vs Silver Surfer!
Post 485 IP   flag post
1st appearance of one of the Batgirls!
Post 486 IP   flag post
Another 1st appearance
Post 487 IP   flag post
...and finally GODZILLA!
Post 488 IP   flag post
Collector RookTheKlown private msg quote post Address this user

Just came in today!
Post 489 IP   flag post
Collector Xobairowar private msg quote post Address this user

Just got my favorite X-O cover
Post 490 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
...and finally GODZILLA!

That is one outstanding looking Godzilla Book!

I almost pulled the trigger on one a while back. Im going to have to reinvest some time in finding a nice one myself. Its just such a nostalgic book.
Post 491 IP   flag post
Here are a couple reason the Godzilla book likely got pushed to the back burner.

While I have had many of the early Frank Miller Daredevil issue for many years. I thought it was time to try and fill in the complere Miller run.

Post 492 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 I just bought a small daredevil collection incl #1. We will see whether I paid a fair price once I get the collection in my hands.
Post 493 IP   flag post
Mail call. I love the Doctor Strange stories.

Post 494 IP   flag post
Quote:
@BigRedOne1944 I just bought a small daredevil collection incl #1. We will see whether I paid a fair price once I get the collection in my hands.

Keeping or will you sell some? I have holes in my run.
Post 495 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Keeping or will you sell some? I have holes in my run.

Not decided yet. The collection contains 1, 6, 13-20, 30-33, 37, 86

I bought it based on #1 which looked like a nice mid-grade (subject to back cover and inside) and #16 which I both need for my collection if condition is ok. Will get it in my hand early January after the public holidays.

Here is a pic
Post 496 IP   flag post
A few more pics

Same content just from different angles
Post 497 IP   flag post
@poka definitely interested. Especially #6. You have some others there I'm missing. Let me know if you decide to sell. 🍺
Post 498 IP   flag post
Quote:
@poka definitely interested. Especially #6. You have some others there I'm missing. Let me know if you decide to sell. 🍺

Sure. Will do
Post 499 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user

Picked up the Metamorpho and the Valkyrie as I collect 1st appearances. Some argument whether Defenders 4 or Avengers 83 is first Valkyrie. I am inclined to think Defenders as Strange Tales 114 is not considered 1st Silver age Captain America for the same reason, just looks like Valkyrie. I would like to date the Enchantress though. I’d be a great toad.
Post 500 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry about the double, not sure what I did wrong
Post 501 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Original art mail call! SHI by William Tucci ^_^

Post 502 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all!

Some original art by Karl Slominski, a Venomized swipe of Mark Bagley's Marvel Masterprint "Enemies". Clockwise from top: Venom (Eddie Brock), Carnage, Scream, Agent Venom (Flash Thompson), Lasher, Riot, Toxin (Eddie Brock), Anti-Venom (Eddie Brock), Mania, Phage, Agony, Raze, Hybrid (Scott Washington), Scorn...and some guy in his pajamas. Original added for reference:

Additionally, the following have shipped & photos will be posted as soon as they arrive(!):

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 [1984], Signed by Stan Lee & Jim Shooter
Amazing Spider-Man #252 [1984]
Amazing Spider-Man #359 [1992]
Amazing Spider-Man #360 [1992]
Amazing Spider-Man #365 [1992], Signed by Mark Bagley
Amazing Spider-Man #400 [1995]
Amazing Spider-Man #431 [1998]
Amazing Spider-Man #500 [2003]
Amazing Spider-Man #600 [2009]
Amazing Spider-Man #700 [2013], Second Printing Humberto Ramos Variant
Amazing Spider-Man Super Special #1 [1995]
Ant-Man #5 [2015], Phantom Variant
Carnage #1 [2016], Phantom Gold Variant
Carnage #1 [2016], Phantom B&W Variant
Carnage #1 [2016], Phantom Black Variant
Deadpool #45 [2015], Phantom Variant, Signed by Fabian Nicieza
Incredible Hulk #344 [1988]
Marc Spector: Moon Knight #57 [1993]
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1 [2014], Peterson Retailer Incentive
Punisher #57 [1991], Dead or Alive Variant
Punisher: War Zone #1 [1992]
Silk #2 [2015], Phantom Variant “A”
Silk #2 [2015], Phantom Sketch Variant
Silk #2 [2015], Phantom Variant “B”
Silk #3 [2015], Larry's Comics Exclusive Variant
Spectacular Spider-Man #189 [1992], Signed by J.M. DeMatteis
Spectacular Spider-Man Super Special #1 [1995]
Spider-Gwen #1 [2015], Phantom Encore Edition
Spider-Gwen #1 [2015], Phantom B&W Variant
Spider-Gwen #1 [2015], Phantom Variant, Modern Age
Spider-Man #26 [1992], Signed by Mark Bagley & Keith Williams
Spider-Man Super Special #1 [1995], Signed by Greg Adams
Thor #8 [2015], Phantom Gold Variant
Thor #8 [2015], Phantom B&W Variant
Thor #8 [2015], Phantom Variant
Venom #2 [2011]
Venom #6 [2017], Legends Exclusive Variant
Venom Super Special #1 [1995]
Web of Spider-Man #90 [1992], Signed by Alex Saviuk
Web of Spider-Man Super Special #1 [1995]
Post 503 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool @Darkga!
Post 504 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Got this in the mail today so now I have something special to put under the tree.

Post 505 IP   flag post
600670 999 30