Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

New to Your Collection Thread #22223

Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user

Nothing earth shattering, just filling in some holes in the collection. Somehow I had book 3 of Cult, but none of the others
Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Just received this and I love it.
Post 402 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer

Nothing earth shattering, just filling in some holes in the collection. Somehow I had book 3 of Cult, but none of the others

I do love me some Conan The Barbarian! Ive been picking away here and there at the Title. Looking to make a run of #1-100

Again the Batman Year One Storyline is a favorite as well.

The Prestige Format Batman Cult books are highly unrated books IMHO and are great pick ups as Well!

I have some very nice unread Sets of Batman: The Cult if anyone is interested in a set.

Post 403 IP   flag post
Picked up some Nice books from Board Member esarvao

Post 404 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Went to a local con looking for golden age. Didn't find any but found a few other cool things instead

Post 405 IP   flag post

Collector farseer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
Quote:
Originally Posted by farseer

I do love me some Conan The Barbarian! Ive been picking away here and there at the Title. Looking to make a run of #1-100

Again the Batman Year One Storyline is a favorite as well.

The Prestige Format Batman Cult books are highly unrated books IMHO and are great pick ups as Well!

I have some very nice unread Sets of Batman: The Cult if anyone is interested in a set.

Here is my current Conan run

I didn't even notice that the web version hadn't added in the 2 I just bought. The desktop version did but I hadn't synched them.
Post 406 IP   flag post
Collector Captain_Aspirin private msg quote post Address this user

X-men 95 signed by Chris and Dave
Post 407 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user

Post 408 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia

Cool Strange Tales. Dr. Strange is just so............ Well.... Strange
Post 409 IP   flag post
Picked up some nice Mid grade Herb Trimpe Hulks.

Post 410 IP   flag post

Post 411 IP   flag post

Post 412 IP   flag post

Post 413 IP   flag post

Post 414 IP   flag post

Post 415 IP   flag post

Post 416 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia

Cool Strange Tales. Dr. Strange is just so............ Well.... Strange

I was never a fan of Doctor Strange until I started reading the Strange Tales books. The battle leading up to and concluding in this issue is epic. Great great stuff.
Post 417 IP   flag post
More OUTSTANDING Books I picked up from Board Member esaravo (Thanks Ed!)

Im still looking for a 9.4-9.6 or better copy of Grim Jack #62

This was the last book I needed to complete my Judge Dredd Run. Still looking to upgrade Issue #1 #4 #7 #17 #22

My goal here is to complete the first 100 Issues. The beauty brings me with 10 issues of completion. #25 #36 #69 #70 #71 #72 #73 #74 #79 #80 Upgrades needed: #3 #33 #78 #94 #97 (9.4 +)

Free books are great and All, But getting a high quality one you actually need is even better! Thanks Again Ed

My goal is to complete Amazing Spiderman (1963) 150 to 441 Im still needing a few: 229 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 385 387 389 391 392 393 394 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 415 425 427 428 430 431 438 439 440

And last but not least one of the three remaining Captain America Issue on my list.

Post 418 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

I'm not a big X-men fan...but I always loved this cover since the day it came out. My copy was 9.2 at best...so I waited for my price on ebay.

This is one comic that I'm not looking to sell ever, so 9.6 is good enough (not paying 9.8 price for this).
Post 419 IP   flag post

A couple of McFarlane covers that I had to have. Waited for the right price for Hulk 340...Copy has a few spine ticks, but pages are white and no other distracting defects.

ASM 316 on the other hand was advertised as a 9.6...turns out it has about 4-5 spine ticks that are barely visible, but more concerning is a 1/4" crease that breaks color near the bottom spine that wasn't disclosed, and I believe the photo of the area in the listing angled the camera just right to mask it. I'd probably let it go (as I bid for about a 9.2 price) but the pages are also OW to tan. Going to try to send this one back, but seller "does not offer returns" and so far hasn't responded to my request (giving it 48 hrs).

Post 420 IP   flag post
Too bad about the Spidey #316. I don't blame you for sending it back.

The X-Men and Hulk Books on the other hand look Very nice.
Post 421 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Drogio Maybe it is your OWL which has started to get tanned -
Post 422 IP   flag post
Collector Domogotcomics private msg quote post Address this user

Had thus signed and remarked at NYCC17. Missed JRJR.
Post 423 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
@Drogio Maybe it is your OWL which has started to get tanned -

Nah, it's made with the higher quality archival stock acid free paper 😛

I have noticed that both cbcs and cgc grade a bit on a sliding scale as far as what is considered white vs. off white. They don't follow the owl card and have their own scales, I believe. The card is useful when making a point, though, that it's clearly not white as it provides contrast.

Seller agreed to take it back, so we're good. My bad for not asking for a pic of the interior, though. Especially since most raw asm 316s I see on eBay that provide a pic of the interior are clearly in the off white range. Something up with the paper quality that month!
Post 424 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Hit the flea market today, got some readers.

Post 425 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Spent the weekend in Maine with the wife. She wanted to do some Christmas shopping in the Freeport and Kittery areas. Stopped at a used bookstore and found nothing, and even found a used comic store south of Portland (overpriced mostly reader-quality books) where I only purchased two (empty) BCW short boxes.
Luckily, I had stopped at my LCS on Friday before we left. They were having a sale and I found these two comics:

Not perfect, but at a price I couldn’t pass up.
Post 426 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Happy to get this guy back. Needed franky
Post 427 IP   flag post
Please tell me that scribble mark at the top isn't something trying to pass as a signature
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector DJC_II private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Please tell me that scribble mark at the top isn't something trying to pass as a signature

Yeah his sig isn't what it used to be.

What's scarier, and I know this sounds weird, but if you're not careful... or rather, if he's not careful, his signature can look like a dick. So you'll get this dick sketch on a book that you a)probably paid a lot of money for and b) paid $100 for him to draw.
Post 429 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Mazz doesn't sign books. Nice.

Another d-bag creator who can't be bothered to do something nice for the fans that supported his work.
Post 430 IP   flag post
600689 999 30