Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

The Most Affordable Pedigrees?2184

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
If one were thinking about getting into collecting a pedigree, what are some of the more affordable pedigrees out there to collect?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Great question. I'd also be interested in this.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
Easy, Pedigree Small Adult Dog. Only $5 a bag! 😁
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
That's a hard question to answer as pedigree books are typically some of the best examples of a particular issue. Although, almost every pedigree has a few duds for one reason or another. A couple of exceptions would be the Curators and Pacific Coasts.

I would think the Big Apple books might be the most affordable Silver Age pedigree on the whole due to page quality.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Although, almost every pedigree has a few dudes for one reason or another.

I'll go ahead and put this one in the Out Of Context Member Quotes thread.
Post 5 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Dudes/duds same thing if you ask a lesbian.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
You have to expand on the question into the various periods.

Golden age, Silver, etc.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Silver Age
Post 8 IP   flag post
Are there any Pedigrees that include Bronze Age books?
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
There are several pedigrees with bronze age books. I also think there are some copper (Mile High II?)

You might want to look into the Rocky Mountain or Mass. pedigrees first. Or the Winnepeg pedigree books. I think they will satisfy your itch.

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector fingfangfoom private msg quote post Address this user
Affordable? I would say the Savannah pedigree. The reason is many display cream-off white pages. If you want to step up a little in page quality then Winnipeg or Western Penn.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I would kind of stay way from the Savannah's the page quality is mostly cream to off white in general. Best bang for your buck Western Penn's, Mass Copies , Twin Cities and Suscha News copies. When you start to get to Curators, Oakland's , Pacific Coast, Green River and White Mountains I think you start to hit a little more of a premium.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

I would think the Big Apple books might be the most affordable Silver Age pedigree on the whole due to page quality.

Savannahs would fit into that category as well
Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS recognized the Pennsylvania Dutch collection as a pedigree recently. You can find those books (both raw and CBCS slabbed) for sale on ComicConnect.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector suckerv private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
CBCS recognized the Pennsylvania Dutch collection as a pedigree recently. You can find those books (both raw and CBCS slabbed) for sale on ComicConnect.

Did they really? I have a Penn. Dutch Ms. Marvel. How would they go about verifying its authenticity? Mine came with a little notation on the invoice.

I ask because the only option in the pull down menu when submitting a book is the "Pennsylvania Copy," which I assume is the actual Steve Geppi Pennsylvania Pedigree. Would I just put in under the variant?
Post 15 IP   flag post
598060 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?