Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS Graded

The gallery's back!!2136

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So forgive me if I'm lte to the party but it looks like the CBCS site has been updated to bring back the graded comics gallery now called Featured Comics.

It's not searchable and it looks like it's mostly sketch covers and new labels but there are some rivet and OG labels mixed in as well. Maybe they'll rotate images on a more regular basis to make up for the fact that you can't search?

Anyone here have their comics featured?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice. One of mine made it, the All Star Batman 1. Glad they're doing a gallery again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
How did you get in there? The home page shows Featured Items but its not clickable!
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Themaxx35 The 9.9, right? That's a gorgeous looking book!

@SpiderTim You access it through the dropdown menus at the top.

Services > Grading > Featured Comics
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Nice set just realy piss me of for cbcs told me that any mark including signing will never give me a 10 but mabey a 9.8 for signings on my comics but here we are you have a 10 with signed with yellow label
Post 5 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite prior to the gallery goimg down I had like 30 books in there havent seen if it is up like it was or not. Was also told that even though the gallery had been down they were still flagging books for the gallery when it came back up. Not sure if that is nw true. I'll go take a peek.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
That is great; really enjoy looking at that. Hope they continue with additions.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This really isn't the gallery. This is just several featured books. The gallery had hundreds of books categorized by ages.
However, this is a great sign that progress is being made!! At least in my mind!! I was told last week that the gallery will be back though!! Supposedly bigger and better than the first!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
What happened to grading Magazine size comics?
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
What happened to grading Magazine size comics?

Nothing happened to that, as CBCS has never had it (yet). Someone said they heard from an employee it may be coming as soon as this spring. Nothing official has been said.
Post 10 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Uh that's not gallery and where is the rewards program
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector BLBcomics private msg quote post Address this user
This survivor with near white paper should be a featured gallery participant.

Post 12 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
"Featured Comics" is the precursor to the gallery making a return. What you're seeing now is everything that has gone into the gallery since we (silently) turned on the "Featured Comics."

It will be back, and we hope to have everything that was originally in the Gallery, plus the books we've marked to go into it since "Featured Comics" has been inactive.

We turned this on about 3 weeks ago. I was wondering when someone would notice.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector SamPool private msg quote post Address this user
Wow.. ASM in 9.2
Post 14 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBcomics
This survivor with near white paper should be a featured gallery participant.

While I'm sure that book has a fascinating story, the gallery is for books that have been graded by CBCS.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
We turned this on about 3 weeks ago. I was wondering when someone would notice.

It is still not in the main menu when inside the forum; I'm assuming the forums menu is a different code base. Additionally, you cannot go back and forth from forum to account via the account link at the top right without getting a "you are not authorized" error page.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I'm hoping that my Green Lantern #59 that is in line to be graded in 2 weeks gets a shot at being in the gallery.
Post 17 IP   flag post
They are only showing Green Lantern #58 and #60 in gallery, Sorry you missed out.
Post 18 IP   flag post
598088 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?