Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Graded

Mail call Feb 13, 20172125

Collector Millvilleresident private msg quote post Address this user
I just got these beauties back after having the wonderful Collette Turner do some amazing art for me.

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvilleresident

👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
So CBCS does not grade and label these as comic books?

Didn't know that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@conditionfreak I believe one has the option of having them not graded in favor of getting the ART label
Post 4 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
When you submit these OAs, you can either have them graded or have them authenticated as ART. I like the option because it allows me to go with certain artist, Stuart Sayger, without any fear of my book coming back as .005. Stuart's creativity goes beyond the brushes and he does things that will make CGC fanboys cringe.

This opens the door to other mediums than just blank covers. So for that, bravo CBCS.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
@Millvilleresident Wow. These are beautiful! That Supergirl is so awesome! How much was each commission if you don't mind me asking?
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@JustThatGuy I haven't had any problems with Suart in the past lol

Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydknight
@Millvilleresident Wow. These are beautiful! That Supergirl is so awesome! How much was each commission if you don't mind me asking?

A 3/4 to full figure (artists choice) in colour is $220, and IMHO is worth every penny.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Notice the Blue labels, they are slabbed as Art ungraded, but they are not Authenticated. If they had been Authenticated they would get the Yellow label.
Post 10 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

not the problem you'd think

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

not the problem you'd think

I love this artwork. I wouldn't care what the grade was as long as the artwork is protected/slabbed and looks badass like that. Stuart Sayger does great work and I would love another piece by him.
I am sorry to say but the one I have is a 9.8 and when he saw it graded he was blown away that it came out that high cuz he said it's hard to have a Sayger piece that grades at a 9.8. Luck of the draw I guess.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
They dont usely grade the art but the comic.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Oh no. I am not knocking on him at all. He is a great artist. Really nice guy too. I am just stating that the "ART" option is a great piece because it allows people like Stuart to go beyond the gouache. He did a Doctor Strange for me couple of years back and it was amazing.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Millvilleresident NICE BOOKS!!!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
600451 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?