Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsQuestions

WonderCon CBCS Meetup!2120

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

So this worked out very well for SDCC last year with lots of CBCS staff joining in as well as a few of us forum folk. We chatted about the show, the industry, showed off our recent purchases, ate some good food, and just had a very fun time in general, so I was hoping we could arrange something for WonderCon Anaheim!

For those who don't know, WonderCon is being held March 31st-April 2nd at the Anaheim Convention Center. It's also across the street from the Disneyland resort so there's lots of places for us forum folk and CBCS Staff to wind down.

First off, how many people are going to WonderCon or just wanna stop by the dinner to hang out, say on Saturday, April 1st? I've gotten some interest from at least one CBCS Staffer so I'd love to hear how many others might wanna stop by and hang out after the show closes for the day.

Second, let's talk about where we wanna have this thing. Like I said, we're right next to disneyland so I'm gonna list off some places we could meet (these don't require a Disneyland admission). I'd also love to hear any suggestions for other nearby places and we can begin to narrow the list down.

So far, I'm suggesting:

ESPN Zone

Catal Restaurant/Uva Bar

Hearthstone Lounge

Rainforest Cafe

And finally, what do you guys think about hanging out at Disneyland or California Adventure either during the day or in the evening after the show? I'd love to take home a picture of @SteveRicketts on the Splash Mountain cam!

Please let me know your thoughts and if this is something you'd be interested in so I can start building a list for reservations.

Thank you!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to wondercon
Post 2 IP   flag post
Are you interested in joining the dinner? Any feedback on where you think it should be?
Post 3 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I will be with a group so I think for me I would probably stop by for a drink or two to meet the staff. Location doesn't matter to me. Not sure I can make it but if I know time and place I can do my best to be there.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Well if your group likes comics (or if they're good people that can have a good time around comic folk) they're welcome to join as well, whether it's the full dinner or just a quick drink. If it's the former, just let me know how big a group so I can reserve enough seats
Post 5 IP   flag post
Looks like we've got about 5 people from the CBCS Booth who may be joining
Post 6 IP   flag post
bump
Post 7 IP   flag post
Did you decide on a place
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not yet. I've been focusing on a trip I'm leaving for in a few days. I was planning to hit this hard once I got back.

The Hearthstone lounge looks good but it's more of a beer and appetizers place so if people are interested in more of an actual dinner then one of the other places would probably be a better choice.

I just wanted to bump the thread so it doesn't get lost as the show approaches and everyone who decides to go has a chance to see it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Okay, so I've decided on ESPN Zone in the Downtown Disney district a short walk from the convention center, at 7:30, half an hour after the show has closed on Saturday, April 1st.

If anyone else wants to throw their hat in, please let me know, I'll be making the reservations this weekend after I try wrangling up another guest or two.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
This sounds like a great idea.

I will be at WonderCon, in Artist Alley C-14
Post 11 IP   flag post
@ThorneArt Awesome! Does that mean you'll be joining us for dinner?
Post 12 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite - I can't commit for sitting down to dinner, but I will definitely try to go and have a drink.

Is CBCS exhibiting at Wondercon?
Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I like the presentation of the forum post and delivery. Well done. I wish I was going or lived in the area. Hope you guys have a great time! Cheers
Post 14 IP   flag post
@ThorneArt Yes, CBCS will have a booth at the show and most, if not all those manning it will be attending.

@kaptainmyke Thanks! We did it for SDCC and it was a big success despite a few little bumps. I figured I'd try to organize it again for WonderCon since it's basically SDCC's little brother.

I think it'd be cool if we could build it up to an annual event that people can look forward to and maybe start getting some creators to show up and just hang out.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Wondercon is coming up this weekend.

Looking forward to the show and dropping some books off for grading. Got some X-Men books pancaked, can't wait to see how they do.

If anyone wants to drop by, I will be in artist alley #c14

Post 16 IP   flag post
@ThorneArt I don't really know you, but maybe you have seen some of my comics posts. I'll be there I'll swing by
Post 17 IP   flag post
598080 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?