Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
MemorabiliaPop CultureQuestionsSignatures

Stan Lee "Bubble"?2113

Collector Sirtoddington private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Last year at Planet Comicon you had to buy a "Stan Lee" pass to even get into his line. they started at $299 for an autograph & photo op. then there was the $399 pass that got you a pre signed item & I believe priority line access. & that didn't include admission either. I already had met him so i was just.... I'll just stand here in the aisle & admire him from afar. lol.
Post 176 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
$1000 for THAT book is a joke price. That seller is wasting the time of every eBay shopper who is currently looking for Batman or Stan Lee. He's not conducting business, he's fishing to take advantage of a sucker who doesn't know any better. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Your concern for this person is misplaced.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@DocBrown Ok DocBrown we got it, you scolded poor Shewbeer enough. He is only going to offer 10% less than asking now. Lets complain about Stan Lee's signature more now.

Who is "we"? Was there an election for board spokesman that I wasn't aware of? Last I checked, you spoke for yourself, and I spoke for myself, and everyone else spoke for themselves. No "we" about it.

Making $1 offers on $1,000 books is interfering with someone's business, and has no place on a professional grading company's message board. It crosses the line.

I am not surprised that many of you don't have a problem with it.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
$1000 for THAT book is a joke price. That seller is wasting the time of every eBay shopper who is currently looking for Batman or Stan Lee. He's not conducting business, he's fishing to take advantage of a sucker who doesn't know any better. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Your concern for this person is misplaced.

That is your opinion, and one not shared by the seller or eBay, for the simple reason that it is listed.

You have the right to mock it all you want...and I will mock it with you.

You don't have the right to interfere with someone else's business with "fake" lowball $1 offers.

There's a line.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@DocBrown Please make thread titled "Interfering with someone's Business" and then go on and on all you want. WE want to move on. Trying to have a laugh in this thread. Don't be a...

Post 180 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNampa
@DocBrown Please make thread titled "Interfering with someone's Business" and then go on and on all you want. WE want to move on. Trying to have a laugh in this thread. Don't be a...

You only speak for "KingNampa"...there is no "we" involved.
Post 181 IP   flag post
@DocBrown I dare not argue with you. You are correct grammar dictates I refer to myself as "I" not "We". You win the Grammar Argument!! Congrats!!

Post 182 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown

Sometimes an assumption is enough to claim "we". In this case, I will gladly offer that Kingnampa had the right to speak for me in that statement.

We equals a minimum of two. He has his "we".

And wtfh 👇🏻

Post 183 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user

Post 184 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Oh my god nobody is interfering with anyone's business. Guy clicks on offer email, deletes it. So what? Are you like 10 or something?

Post 185 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown

Sometimes an assumption is enough to claim "we". In this case, I will gladly offer that Kingnampa had the right to speak for me in that statement.

We equals a minimum of two. He has his "we".

Yes, but do you understand that, prior to this, you hadn't granted him that right...? And that therefore his use of "we" was presumptuous...?

Well, no, of course not.

In any event, I can say the same thing, can I not: We get it. You think it's fun to make $1 offers for books, wasting people's time on eBay. We got it.

See?
Post 186 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user

Post 187 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Oh my god nobody is interfering with anyone's business. Guy clicks on offer email, deletes it. So what? Are you like 10 or something?

"oh my god", yes, it is interfering with someone's business. It's wasting their time...it's literally stealing time from them, making them think they have a legitimate offer from a legitimate buyer.

What are you, that you have no standards? This isn't rocket science.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Post 188 IP   flag post
Ok. Fun officially killed in this thread. I'm out. Thanks again @DocBrown for enlightening us/we/I...

Post 189 IP   flag post
600642 189 14
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.