Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Jamiemadrox private msg quote post Address this user
I am on a personal mission in attempting to have all the hip-hop variants signed by their respective cover artists. The bigger names I'll be able to catch at various conventions here and there, but my question is about the lesser know names or the ones that were done by artists outside the comic community. How would I approach that situation? For example, there are a few covers done by digital artists. Is this something that can even be verified through CBCS? If I were able to reach out to the artist, would I have them sign their real name or their tag name?

Just curious and thank anyone in advance for any advice!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector JazzyJeffie private msg quote post Address this user
Good question! Your dilemma about Digital artists is similar to what we face locally. There are many Filipino comic artists locally, who draw really well, that even if they're not that popular yet, people pay to have sketches from these artists.
In our case, we have a CBCS Authorized Witness locally, and he oversees all this. It may be impossible for CBCS to Verify signatures of lesser known artists, and we take that risk with us, so we always go via ASP.
Post 2 IP   flag post
596795 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?