Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Copper AgeComics Modern Age

Mail Call Friday Edition2093

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Not to long ago I started a thread with my latest Comic Connect auction wins (went in the city to pick these up earlier today). Here is a link to the prior thread:

clickable text

In the thread a knowledgeable poster pointed out that the Edge of Spider-Verse 2 I purchased was the rare black misprint cover. Shortly afterwards a couple other posters pointed out the case damage that made the book something less than the 9.8 on the slab indicated.

I cancelled that book and paid for the remaining books. Shortly afterwards I bought these two copies on ebay that arrived earlier this week:

When I got home from the City a dozen more of my NYCC signature books were waiting for me:

Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Now I have to pack these three sold books to ship out tomorrow:

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I spent my day shoveling snow and cleaning the house...I like your day better
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Those X-Factor #6 9.8s are fantastic. Just fantastic.

Quick question...is the Edge of the Spiderverse #2 the first appearance of Spider Gwen? Did she first appear on the cover of a variant...?

These moderns!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
I spent my day shoveling snow and cleaning the house...I like your day better

If its any consulation I had to wheel my cart with the CGC box from Comic Connect to Port Authority.

On the nright side I hit Midtown and another comic store where I picked up some Darth Maul variants aming other books.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Those X-Factor #6 9.8s are fantastic. Just fantastic.

Quick question...is the Edge of the Spiderverse #2 the first appearance of Spider Gwen? Did she first appear on the cover of a variant...?

These moderns!

There is a 1:25 Land variant as well as the misprint but Edge of Spider-verse 2 is the first appearance regardless of cover.

Glad you like the books.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful books.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs
Beautiful books.

I am glad you like them.

The person taking the money and books for Liefeld to sign had me nervous with the way he handled the books. I am glad he didn't damage them.

There are three more copies (2s and 11s, not sure which) that I had pressed because of him.
Post 9 IP   flag post
598060 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?