CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaPop CultureSignatures

Printing/manufacturing error books...2030

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
What do you own?

Here is one not many possess....

Kitchen Sink "The Crow" TPB.
- memorium page printed and bound upside down in book.

No where near good cond, but very unique and probably even rarer being signed by O'Barr.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Jaydknight private msg quote post Address this user
Definitly beat up, but awesome regardless!
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

This is probably the only error book I own. The centerfold is off-center so a page was nearly trimmed away
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydknight
Definitly beat up, but awesome regardless!

LOL...Definitely. I don't care.

Maybe I'll get it "pressed"....hehehe

It was a gift from an old friend back in the 90s....knowing I am a Lee and Crow fan. Love that movie, sad to see him pass.

RIP BL.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

This is probably the only error book I own. The centerfold is off-center so a page was nearly trimmed away

That is odd, huh? I wonder how many were made before it was noticed.

Thanks for posting.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Every once in a while I search a bit online but can't fond anything about this error so I imagine it only exists in small quantities
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few printing errors. But the only one I currently have scanned is this one. Which I have shared on here before. Interior is "normal" and colored appropriately. Please forgive me for repeating myself.

This is what it is supposed to look like.

This is what mine looks like.

Post 7 IP   flag post
WOW!! All color is not printed......now that is very unusual and I haven't seen your previous post.....so kudos!

This is exactly the reason for the forum...to share these anomalies in order for others to be aware of them and...."they are not alone".

We are here to help! :o)

One could also consider this as a very early "B/W variant" like they have with sketch covers today, unfortunately, the "Marvel Comics" header is missing.

Very nice! Have you ever seen another like it? Price?

I wonder if it would be qualified to grade, since it is missing the company name.....but as we can clearly see.....it is a Marvel.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZosoRocks
I wonder if it would be qualified to grade, since it is missing the company name.....but as we can clearly see.....it is a Marvel.

Just to clarify, CBCS does not offer a qualified grade. I would think it would be considered a printing error.
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Just to clarify, CBCS does not offer a qualified grade. I would think it would be considered a printing error.

My apologies for correcting you @Jesse_O , but I think what you meant to say is a FAKE grade 😁

"Qualified" labels... *shakes head* grumble grumble grumble
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my printing error (I think). Vampirella #82 My copy has a red UPC, and every other one I have seen has a white UPC. I'm sending it off for grading soon, so we shall see if it is indeed an error.

Normal:

Mine:

Post 11 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Judging by the wording "qualified to grade", I think he meant "qualified" as in if the book met the pre-requisites to submit for grading, since it is missing the marvel name on the cover and could appear to be a counterfit book or something to that effect.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

"I wonder if it would be qualified to grade"
....and not rejected because it isn't a "complete" issue.

I know, this term has been thrown around a lot - and in many ways - as related to comics - nothing missing with the book.

That is why I wondered.

So you are stating that CBCS would grade the book, but probably considered it as a printing error.

Would you know of the maximum grade it would be assigned if graded?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Jesse_O Judging by the wording "qualified to grade", I think he meant "qualified" as in if the book met the pre-requisites to submit for grading, since it is missing the marvel name on the cover and could appear to be a counterfit book or something to that effect.

Yep....thanks for the assist.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@ZosoRocks errors are not defects. Someone correct me if wrong but I believe the answer is a perfect 10
Post 15 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Yep....thanks for the assist.

Got ya!!!!!!!!! Thanks for clarifying that!! As for the maximum grade possible ... no idea. This type of printing error is rare!! I would think most of them would get caught at the printers and scrapped. I mean really - no color on the cover?? Someone was sleeping!!
Post 16 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have a few error comics. All turtle related.

1984 TMNT #1 Second Printing Signed/Sketched by Eastman & Laird printing press error front and back covers walked off printing press, white line edge on right side front of book, left on rear.

1984 TMNT #4 Second Printing Error Edition Recalled Comic Book
LEFT: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #4, 2nd printing error. (error) RIGHT: Tales of the TMNT #1 first printing. (correct) Only 1000 of these were not destroyed.

1986 How to Draw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 CBCS 9.4 Error
1986 "How to Draw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1" First Printing ERROR Edition, with no yellow color on cover. MINT 9.4 CBCS Certified Comic Book White Pages Misgraded by CGC.

1995 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #13 Backwards cover! CBCS 6.0
1995 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #13 Error Edition Backwards cover! 6.0 CBCS Certified Comic Book White Pages Mirage Studios Graded and encapsulated as intended with the cover backwards.

2009 TMNT #1 Color Reprint Error Edition Signed Eastman/Laird
Mirage Studios TMNT #1 Color Reprint Error Edition Double Signed and sketched by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird

2011 IDW Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Jetpack Comics Error Ed
IDW AUG 2011 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 THE JETPACK COMICS TMNT #1 ERROR EDITION! ORANGE COVER High Grade NM+ 9.8 CBCS

(Should be blood red cover)

Last, my favorite and only error mint on card packaged toy:

1994 TMNT "BRAINLESS" KRANG'S ANDROID BODY MOC w Card, MOC Error
1994 TMNT Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "BRAINLESS" KRANG'S ANDROID BODY Action Figure Mint on Card (MOC) Bubble blister has several dents along top. Card has creases and rounded corners.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Those are all cool.....Interesting that you may also have helped decide if that missing color cover from above will get a grade or not. It appears it will, but a notation of a printing error.

I have a "Superman MOS" MOC error in 3 3/4" size. I've seen the larger 6" Jor El and other with the same type of packaging error - figure doesn't match the card.

These were all on the pegs when they first came out, and I should've picked up more than just one....*sighs*.....

I love stuff like this....even if they aren't worth much to others, because of the error.

Thanks for posting!
Post 18 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Some will pay top dollar for errors. I do.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector kandrcomics private msg quote post Address this user
I have one of the very rare Walking dead issue 17 errors with the first for wraps put in twice and the center four missing alltogether

waiting for it to come back from cbcs and i'll post a pic
Post 20 IP   flag post
600856 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?