Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Dear CopperAgeKids - Don't rob people *PSA*2021

Collector Iceman399 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't rob people and ship them back the books you owe them. Seeing as how you are avoiding actually doing this and promote your services here.

Here is a quote from the individual posted on Jan 30th, 2017:
Since October 24th, CopperAgeKids has had 2 ultra rare comics of mine (Batman #457 2nd print newsstand) and is not mailing them back to me.

He was suppose to press and sub them at VA comic con on October 30th.

Since then I've gotten story after story about mailing to CGC then subbing at Winter Con then mailing back to me etc.

So far nothing, meanwhile he regularly sells and ships out plenty of books on eBay.

Here is another quote from him posted on Feb 2nd, 2017:

2 more promises of "shipping tomorrow" since I posted this thread and still no tracking number...

If anyone knows other sites that he's active on please PM me the info, thank you.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector TruckJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
Rearn! The Ice-man cometh!!!

Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Could it be he has a bad pancake recipe and doesn't want to admit it?!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector SD2416 private msg quote post Address this user
Next time I see his mug pop up in one of the Facebook groups, Ill direct everyone to this thread and the other boards thread.

It cant still be firepit season, can it?
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Hey CopperAgeKids can you please sent Carl Elvis his books back if you still have them. Here is the actual thread he asks for his property back. clickable text
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector fingfangfoom private msg quote post Address this user
Did he get bounced off the CGC boards? I just did a search for his user name and didn't see it listed any longer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by fingfangfoom
Did he get bounced off the CGC boards? I just did a search for his user name and didn't see it listed any longer.

He was banned.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Never trust a man still rocking an 80s afro.

(btw he posted here 2 days ago)
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Carl_Elvis private msg quote post Address this user
Iceman thank you for posting this here.

It's been a stressful few months, I just now received a tracking number and I'm hoping this will be over soon.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Make sure its your books. Not replacements
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I'm bouncing back and forth across the street and here trying to follow this...what a shame Carl...keep us posted . I'm hoping you get them back without any change for the worse re: condition.

fingers crossed ...and SD is right..he's had plenty of time to switch em out if that's his style. I know you scanned his eBay activity...see anything he bought similar to yours ?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Carl_Elvis private msg quote post Address this user
With this particular issue there are only 10 known copies of the 2nd print newsstand which is why I was so worried they wouldn't be returned.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Christ! That's gotta be stressful brother. On principle alone and a 2.00 book i'd be pissed...this is an entirely different animal. Please keep us updated if you have time
Post 13 IP   flag post
He has solicited work on this forum. If he does not man up and post on this thread (sans excuses), I'd hope a ban is in order.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Guess he has been busy refining the pancake recipe
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
I'm bouncing back and forth across the street and here trying to follow this...what a shame Carl...keep us posted . I'm hoping you get them back without any change for the worse re: condition.

fingers crossed ...and SD is right..he's had plenty of time to switch em out if that's his style. I know you scanned his eBay activity...see anything he bought similar to yours ?

Why? What keeps pulling you back to the darkside?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher

Why? What keeps pulling you back to the darkside?

Post 20 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckJohnson
Rearn! The Ice-man cometh!!!

He cometh on everything!

https://youtu.be/Udmek2zsURo
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector TruckJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Never trust a man still rocking an 80s afro.

(btw he posted here 2 days ago)

With a slight change to his avatar, he's probably hiding right under our noses:
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector CopperAgeKids private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:

He was banned.

Actually, while I was on a 2 week suspension for posting political comments in a presedential election thread ( which was a deserved suspension(, a CGC boardie created a fake shill account, usining a proxy IP address, to mimic my IP address.Said boardie created a thread linking a thread I had created on this forum, advertising a Blackhawk 133 CBCS 3.5 that I had listed for sale on eBay.

Said boardie then continued to insult several other CGC boardies on the CGC forum, under the faked IP address shill account he created.Said boardie went on to post "I am CAK" while making a slew of hostile/imflammatory posts directed at numerous CGC boardies.

I was unable to do anything, as I was suspended.Said boardie had an issue with me and he was succesful in his attempt at getting my CGC Forum user account banned, he capitalized on my 2 week CGC suspension very well, I'll say that much.

After my 2 week rightful suspension time period had passed, I called Brittany at CGC (who is a forum moderator) and told her what happened and she said she would look into getting my CGC Forum account reinstated.

Couple days later I was emailed by Brittany and she said that I had to send an appeal via email to Dena, the mod in charge of banned accounts.

I was too disgusted/annoyed to follow through with the appeal to Dena.

i am however, drafting an email to Dena tonigt to get this dealt with.

As far as the 2 books I pressed for Carl, I didn't get them done as quickly as I said I would.

I gave Carl a signed contract for the work, specifically citing if any damage//fauly workmanship/theft occured while the 2 books were in my possesion, I would reimburse him for the FMV of the books which I was to declare on the CGC submission form to be $400 ($200 per book).

(I will dig up the contract and copy/paste it for all to see, in a follow up post, from my desktop.)

Carl subsequently saw that I had been banned from the CGC Forums and consequently, he started to worry if I was trying to rip him off.All of this would not have happened if a maladjusted CGC boardie had not created a faked shill account on the CGC Forum in order to get my CGC forum account banned.

Carl and I have been in virtually constant contact through email and more recently, via text.

The 2 books are scheduled to be delivered to him tomorrow via USPS Priority with signature confirmation and are insured at $400, on my dime.

I refunded Carl the CGC fees, CGC invoice fee and the shipping fee to CGC.

I have asked Carl to record a video of the unboxing of the 2 books of his I worked on for him, to help bring an end to this nonsense.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Below is a copy/paste of the email exchange I started with Carl regarding the 2 books I pressed for him.The signed invoice I created for Carl is included.

I replaced the original text I sent in the email with asterisks ,for all of my personal information and Carl Elvis's personal information.

Note that Carl has received a refund for all costs involved with subbing the books to CGC.

-----Original Message-----
To: *********************
Sent: Sat, Oct 22, 2016 3:56 am
Subject: C.A.K. Pressing Invoice #201: Batman 457 (error edition) x2

Hello Carl,

I just wrote up an invoice for you and replied via the CGC forum, figured I'd touch base with you to cover both bases as we are running short on time to get the books before the VA Con next weekend.

You're in NY, I'm in NJ, so regular priority mail will be fine.

As long as I get the books by Thursday I can get them done in time for the show (Oct 29-30), otherwise I'll get them done the following week and ship them to CGC afterwards.That would cost a bit extra though, ideally you'll be able to get them out to me by Monday or Tuesday.

Well, I'm looking forward to working on these books and I'll scan them when i receive them and after I dry clean & press them.

Below is the copy & paste of the hand typed/makeshift invoice I sent you through the forums, next time around I'll have this Word perfect issue dealt with and we won't have this problem ...

Thanks Again,

Copper Age Kids Comics

Comic Book Pressing Invoice # 201

Dry cleaning, humidification & pressing services to be performed on the following 2 items:

Batman 457 (copy A) Fair Market value of Copy A declared at $200
Batman 457 (copy B) Fair Market value of Copy A declared at $200

All books that I work on are insured against fire and theft while in my possession.

There is no coverage that extends to faulty workmanship.

If I somehow damage a book while it is in my possesion, I will reimburse you via Paypal, for the full fair market value of any damaged book.

The two books will be dry cleaned & pressed and then either submitted to CGC in person at the VA Comic Con, if I receive the books by Thursday (at the latest), or they will be shipped to CGC next week.

The books will be submitted with a FMV declared at $200 on each book,via Modern Fast Track, under my CGC account.

After the books are graded, they will be shipped to the address you supplied me with earlier, directly from CGC.Shipping method will be UPS Ground, unless you specify another method.In that event, we can deal with the shipping cost change after the books are worked on and submitted.

Dry cleaning & Pressing Fees on 2 books at $40 per book:
$80.00

CGC Fast tracked Modern fees on 2 books, at $28 per book, less my 10% CGC Associate Membership Discount:
$50.40

CGC Invoice Fee:
$5.00

UPS Ground Shipping :
$12.00

Total due:
$ 152.40

Please send the payment of $ 152.40 to my Paypal address noted below, and reference Copper Age Kids pressing Invoice #201, with your payment.

Please ship the books via USPS Priority Mail to my address below.

I, **************, hereby state that I will perform the work outlined in this invoice for *************, within the timeframe specified.

This invoice acts as a legally binding contact for my services to be performed, my name typed below acts as an electronic signature.

Post 24 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperAgeKids
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:

He was banned.

Actually, while I was on a 2 week suspension for posting political comments in a presedential election thread ( which was a deserved suspension(, a CGC boardie created a fake shill account, usining a proxy IP address, to mimic my IP address.Said boardie created a thread linking a thread I had created on this forum, advertising a Blackhawk 133 CBCS 3.5 that I had listed for sale on eBay.

Said boardie then continued to insult several other CGC boardies on the CGC forum, under the faked IP address shill account he created.Said boardie went on to post "I am CAK" while making a slew of hostile/imflammatory posts directed at numerous CGC boardies.

I was unable to do anything, as I was suspended.Said boardie had an issue with me and he was succesful in his attempt at getting my CGC Forum user account banned, he capitalized on my 2 week CGC suspension very well, I'll say that much.

After my 2 week rightful suspension time period had passed, I called Brittany at CGC (who is a forum moderator) and told her what happened and she said she would look into getting my CGC Forum account reinstated.

Couple days later I was emailed by Brittany and she said that I had to send an appeal via email to Dena, the mod in charge of banned accounts.

I was too disgusted/annoyed to follow through with the appeal to Dena.

i am however, drafting an email to Dena tonigt to get this dealt with.

As far as the 2 books I pressed for Carl, I didn't get them done as quickly as I said I would.

I gave Carl a signed contract for the work, specifically citing if any damage//fauly workmanship/theft occured while the 2 books were in my possesion, I would reimburse him for the FMV of the books which I was to declare on the CGC submission form to be $400 ($200 per book).

(I will dig up the contract and copy/paste it for all to see, in a follow up post, from my desktop.)

Carl subsequently saw that I had been banned from the CGC Forums and consequently, he started to worry if I was trying to rip him off.All of this would not have happened if a maladjusted CGC boardie had not created a faked shill account on the CGC Forum in order to get my CGC forum account banned.

Carl and I have been in virtually constant contact through email and more recently, via text.

The 2 books are scheduled to be delivered to him tomorrow via USPS Priority with signature confirmation and are insured at $400, on my dime.

I refunded Carl the CGC fees, CGC invoice fee and the shipping fee to CGC.

I have asked Carl to record a video of the unboxing of the 2 books of his I worked on for him, to help bring an end to this nonsense.
So you refunded his grading fee because the books never got graded after 4 months, or the books were graded and your doing this this because of the long wait and trying to mend the bridge?
Post 25 IP   flag post
I refunded Carl the grading/shipping costs because he asked me to return the books to him, ungraded.

I was unware that the books had not been subbed to CGC intil about a month or so ago, I gave them to my helper at Eternal Con in NY to sub, while I dealt with customers.

Carl emailed me about the hold up and I checked my CGC submission hub, saw there was no record of them being subbed at all.So, I called my helper and he told me he couldn't read my handwriting and had forgotten to tell me that he didn;t sub the books at the con and had put them back into my wall book box, behind my table at Eternal Con.

I then pulled the books from my wall book box and saw they had reverted slightly so I spot pressed both books (and full book pressed them) again.This can happen sometime when books are spot pressed and/or pressed but is more likely to happen when spot pressing is included, along with full book pressing.

I did offer to cover the cost of grading the books, when Carl subs them himself to CGC.He said that wasn't neccesary and passed on the offer.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Sure is some story.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@sd2416...indeed.

The good thing is...it's not my story and I don't have to weed through it to decide what is real...it simply does not matter. I hope at the end of all this, that the books have been returned in the same condition so Carl can get some well deserved closure.

Shit happens in life...but accountability is a lost art.

It was an error on your part for whatever reason and only you can make it right. This poor bastard didn't deserve any of this headache and "why" isn't his problem...just quietly give him is books back (as you hopefully have) and move on.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Did I read that correctly? You paid $40 per book to have them pressed?

Is his release paper made out of gold leaf?

Wowsers.
Post 29 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan510
Did I read that correctly? You paid $40 per book to have them pressed?

Is his release paper made out of gold leaf?

Wowsers.

Yeah that was about all I caught when I scanned it too.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600641 53 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.