Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

Obscure SA Comics1992

I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos...how come my little lulu's look like this and yours look like that ? c'mon now
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
@drchaos...how come my little lulu's look like this and yours look like that ? c'mon now

Probably because yours are Dell and mine are Gold Key.
Post 29 IP   flag post
lol...ok...now you're just being polite I'd take your 9.4
gold Key over my .5 Dell any day..but if you're feeling guilty, you can throw in the Dark Shadows and star trek...I love barnabas collins and well... Kirk...is Kirk. I guess I can just go get another tattoo to match this one (just kidding..had to look that up )
Post 30 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Curmudgeon

Is the "Iron Corporal" the same guy as the one from Sgt Rock, or was that a completely different character?
Post 31 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS_Comics

Is the "Iron Corporal" the same guy as the one from Sgt Rock, or was that a completely different character?

Nevermind, that was Iron Major
Post 32 IP   flag post
@drchaos...hey doc...since you and @earthshaker have the market on crazy obscure high grade anything pre '65...either of you guys know what this book is ? I can't find anything on it and it looks like some kind of pulp magazine...the only info is Vol. 23 #1 1933 , but if I take it out of the plastic it may burst into flames . Found it at a bank owned property about 25 yrs ago and couldn't let myself throw it away. Was hoping there was an ad for something cool , but nope
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
@drchaos...hey doc...since you and @earthshaker have the market on crazy obscure high grade anything pre '65...either of you guys know what this book is ? I can't find anything on it and it looks like some kind of pulp magazine...the only info is Vol. 23 #1 1933 , but if I take it out of the plastic it may burst into flames . Found it at a bank owned property about 25 yrs ago and couldn't let myself throw it away. Was hoping there was an ad for something cool , but nope

My comic shop has All Story Love as a pulp comic that started on 1929. Volume 4 runs at least until the 1950s.
Post 34 IP   flag post
cool...that was easy ...saw it last night when I was pulling out the silver "funnies" to throw on here. I may have to read it cover to cover for fun before it disintegrates . Thanks
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user

Post 36 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 37 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 38 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I've only got one Hot Rods and Racing Cars, but I think the series is pretty cool.

Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector willieCPA4646 private msg quote post Address this user
I would say almost anything published by Charlton Publications (formerly in Derby, Connecticut) would be thought of as "obscure" since almost all of their books didn't have a fan base. I saw many of their books on the stands in our area, though, since I grew up in the next town over .
Sugar and Spike - loved that book as a kid, and still do!

Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

I found this at a flea market over the weekend. I'd never seen or heard of this comic before. I like to pick up comics like this, especially for cheap. Based upon what I can find on the internet, there appears to have only been two issues of this comic series, but it then morphed into a series called Mod-Wheels, which lasted about 19 issues.

There is not writing or art credits that I can find either in the comic book or on-line anywhere. I'm not much of a Gold Key collector, so looking for help from the forum on this. Is this typical for Gold Key's? Is there any database or good reference for credits on these comics?

Thanks in advance.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector burntboy private msg quote post Address this user
Here some obscure SA books;

Post 42 IP   flag post

Post 43 IP   flag post

Post 44 IP   flag post

Post 45 IP   flag post

Post 46 IP   flag post

Post 47 IP   flag post

Post 48 IP   flag post

Post 49 IP   flag post

Post 50 IP   flag post
This'll do it for a while...

Post 51 IP   flag post
598028 51 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?