CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
#CBCScomics #turnaroundupdate

Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
From the cgc boards posted today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany M.
Dear Valued CGC Customers,

As many of you know, CGC turnaround times reached a point where some submission tiers were a number of months behind our target turnaround times. While this is indicative of CGC’s growth—2016 was a record-breaking year for submissions—we understand that slow turnaround times are a major source of frustration for our submitters.

With this in mind, CGC took significant steps over the last year to bring turnaround times back down to an acceptable level. We increased the size of our staff by nearly 20%, with key additions to every department in the company. We developed a new online submission form that not only simplifies your submission process, but also creates meaningful operational efficiencies for CGC. Our grading, operations and customer service teams worked late and over many weekends to close the gap between where our turnaround times were and where they needed to be. At the same time, we took great care to ensure that CGC maintained its commitment to accuracy, consistency and integrity.

We are pleased to report that as a result of these efforts, the turnaround times for all CGC grading tiers are now operating on time. The tier that was most affected by slower turnaround times – Modern – currently takes less than a quarter of the time it took just six months ago.

We would like to thank you for your patience as we worked to reduce our turnaround times. Expert certification is not something that can be rushed, but we are now better equipped than ever to grade and authenticate your comic books, magazines, concert posters and lobby cards in a timely manner. We hope that you will continue to support CGC as we provide our services to the hobby that we care so much about.

Sincerely,
The CGC Team

Below are CGC's current turnaround times. Click HERE to start your submission today!

Modern: 20 Business Days
Modern Fast Track: 10 Business Days
Economy: 26 Business Days
Economy Fast Track: 12 Business Days
Value: 26 Business Days
Value Fast Track: 12 Business Days
Pre-screen: 30 Business Days
Standard: 9 Business Days
Express: 4 Business Days
WalkThru: Same Day
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Kaleljll private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Quote:

As many of you know, CGC turnaround times reached a point where some submission tiers were a number of months behind our target turnaround times. While this is indicative of CGC’s growth—2016 was a record-breaking year for submissions—we understand that slow turnaround times are a major source of frustration for our submitters.

With this in mind, CGC took significant steps over the last year to bring turnaround times back down to an acceptable level. We increased the size of our staff by nearly 20%, with key additions to every department in the company. We developed a new online submission form that not only simplifies your submission process, but also creates meaningful operational efficiencies for CGC. Our grading, operations and customer service teams worked late and over many weekends to close the gap between where our turnaround times were and where they needed to be. At the same time, we took great care to ensure that CGC maintained its commitment to accuracy, consistency and integrity.

We are pleased to report that as a result of these efforts, the turnaround times for all CGC grading tiers are now operating on time. The tier that was most affected by slower turnaround times – Modern – currently takes less than a quarter of the time it took just six months ago.

We would like to thank you for your patience as we worked to reduce our turnaround times. Expert certification is not something that can be rushed, but we are now better equipped than ever to grade and authenticate your comic books, magazines, concert posters and lobby cards in a timely manner. We hope that you will continue to support CGC as we provide our services to the hobby that we care so much about.

Sincerely,
The CGC Team

Below are CGC's current turnaround times. Click HERE to start your submission today!

Damn it, I just reposted this in a thread I made.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Luke_Skywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Quote:

Sincerely,
The CGC Team

Honestly, I cannot remember the last time CGC's turnaround times were this good, maybe 2011?
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Skywalker
Honestly, I cannot remember the last time CGC's turnaround times were this good, maybe 2011?

I think Trump signed an executive order to "Make CGC Great Again!"
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector mrgoodtime private msg quote post Address this user
If it actually happens. I hiave been waiting 8 months for books i sent there and when i call get a "they are done when they are done" reply. CBCS is where its at!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@mrgoodtime So you actually have books at CGC right now that have been there for 8 months?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yup unfortunately. No apologies, no discount, just a hurry up and wait. Never again!
Post 8 IP   flag post
That is terrible....
Post 9 IP   flag post
It gets worse lol! Some of the other teirs besides modern have started to FINALLY come back. My friend got one after such a long wait. I am not sure what its actually called, but it looks like it has an oil spot in the case. Presents awful. CGC's reply is too bad, you can pay to get it recased if yo uwant.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
There HAS to be more to mrgoodtime's story.

Perhaps you had the books pressed by their in house pressing service before grading? CCS's turnaround time has been terrible - like 4-6 months - much of the year. But it's the CCS pressing service that is way behind. Not the CGC grading service.

Also, that "oil" spot you see goes by several names. Most common is Newton ring. More accurate is prism or rainbow effect. It is where the plastic inner holder and the outer plastic shell have touched. It causes an optical distortion.

They can be unsightly, but in no way affects the book. With CGC's old case, it was possible to slip a pieces of paper through the side of the case and push the two plastics apart. Which gets rid of the Newton Ring/prism effect. With the new Generation 2 cases they are sealed along the sides. Paper trick doesn't work anymore.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Ironman, CBCS cases do not have the Newton ring issue do they?
Post 12 IP   flag post
The order was through an LCS so i am not sure about the rest of the books and if they were getting pressed or anything. All i can tell you is i had 2 books that have been gone for 8 months.

I know that the newton ring dosent affect the book, but to pay good money and wait so long for that, he was let down. And i dont blame him.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleljll
@Ironman, CBCS cases do not have the Newton ring issue do they?

I do not know why, but I have never seen the Newton Rings / Prism effect on a CBCS slab. Or a PGX slab for that matter (if anyone cares). Perhaps someone knows why only CGC slabs seem prone to this.

I've unslabbed a lot of books from ALL of the grading companies. I have not noticed any design feature that jumps out at me and says "here is the difference" that causes CGC to have Newton rings or prevents them from CBCS. In fact, with the CBCS slab being of smaller depth, you'd think they would have more.

I've thought about this some in the past and my first thought is that it is because CBCS uses a different material for the inner holder (Barex CGC, PETG for CBCS) But PGX also uses/used Barex for the inner holder. And when CGC tried to do without an inner holder with the Generation 2 slab and just had two sheets of Mylar (not sealed) the Newton Rings got MUCH worse. It was the problem that customers first noticed. The waves didn't show up for a couple of weeks.

It is a problem that lots of people wish CGC would fix once and for all. While it doesn't hurt the books in any way, when the rings are particularly noticeable it can affect sales. Plenty of stories of books returned as "something on the book or wrong with the slab".
Post 14 IP   flag post
You think it has something to do with the blueish tint on the slabs?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodtime
The order was through an LCS so i am not sure about the rest of the books and if they were getting pressed or anything. All i can tell you is i had 2 books that have been gone for 8 months.

I know that the newton ring dosent affect the book, but to pay good money and wait so long for that, he was let down. And i dont blame him.

There is just something more going on here. I send in lots of books to both companies. CGC really is at their stated TAT. The slowest CGC tier right now would be Economy/Value - and books I submitted under that tier on Dec 22 were shipped Jan 27.

I assume when you say you call you mean you have called CGC and not your LCS. If you've been calling your LCS, I suggest you call CGC. And regardless, I suggest you call CGC and ask a specific question or two

1) When did CGC receive my books for grading?
If CGC answer indicates they have had the books a lot less time than 8 months...
2) Does CGC know where they were at before then? Like say CCS for pressing.

Because all of my (slow tier) submissions to CGC back in June (8 months ago) were done by late September and early October.

If it's not obvious, I now suspect your LCS as possibly taking a long time to send your books in, along with the possibility of your books getting pressed first.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I've seen Newton rings on one of my CBCS slabs, but very slight and not enough to be a concern to me. Like IronMan said, it's just an optical distortion of light caused by two plastics touching.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector JCage private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know how long it takes to get your comics back once it hits the graders table?
Post 18 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
@JCage I got a grading email on 1/23 for books that are showing up today from FedEx (I live 1,500 miles away).
Post 19 IP   flag post
After grading there's encapsulation, then QC, then shipping. The times a book spends in these areas can very greatly depending on what tier it is and what the TATs are.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Poisonwilliam private msg quote post Address this user
My books just hit grading yesterday! (Received 12/5)

Excited to see what comes back...
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
@JCage I got a grading email on 1/23 for books that are showing up today from FedEx (I live 1,500 miles away).

How did your books turn out?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Man..my times are all skewed compared to some of these posts...my books were received 11/20 Modern and Expanded...no pressing (2 sig. ver / 22 total).

They were listed as in "pre-grading" via my phone call to check Monday afternoon at 4:00pm.

Today they are listed as "QC"...

It's right on schedule for the 12 weeks but a strange "catch up" speed between last Friday's still in "vault" and QC 4 days later ....as long as they all come back 9.9 I'm good

It's all good though....might even get them a few days short of the 12 weeks
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector D_Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Alright guys, don't throw me to the wolves here, but I've got a newbie question. My second CBCS order is in and I can't remember when I get access to the grades. Is it after they're graded (IE: QC) or once they hit shipping? They're quickstream with fast pass and rapid, so should move quickly once they come up. Thanks!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Poisonwilliam private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Stu
Alright guys, don't throw me to the wolves here, but I've got a newbie question. My second CBCS order is in and I can't remember when I get access to the grades. Is it after they're graded (IE: QC) or once they hit shipping? They're quickstream with fast pass and rapid, so should move quickly once they come up. Thanks!

I believe it is when they hit "shipped" status. Good luck!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector D_Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you sir! That's what I thought, but had been unable to confirm in the website's literature. It's been almost two years since my last CBCS submission, so I couldn't remember.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@D_Stu also there is a difference between "shipping" and "shipped." Shipping just means it hit the shipping room, shipped means it left the building. The grades appear after it leaves the building.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector JCage private msg quote post Address this user
How long does your comics stay in quality control while in the grading process?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
My books are still in processing.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
today is day 7 for QC...they tell me its usually less, but they have a slight back up right now. A couple extra days won't kill me as long as they're all 9.8's (but I know there are plenty of 5.0's in there )
Post 30 IP   flag post
600782 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?